divorce and need help

I guess i just need some reassurance, but everybody on this board has been so supportive but here goes. Married 19 yrs, husband alcoholic asked for a divorce in November, has not been a true father to the kids now 16 and 18 and originally gave me custody of the kids and the house. Divorce should be final in august but i guess am getting so tired of him just "playing" with my feelings no i have none for him but he plays sayings of things. I have met the most wonderful person and love being with him, we walk, talk, BBQ etc and just love being together and i am tired of being married to an sob that the kids don't want to be with and just because he has money supposedly has power. I want to be happy and hopefully in 5 weeks but who is counting , will be. The kids are fine and well adjusted but has anyone in this situation just gotten tired of the whole deal, I want out but am tired of him stalling and as everyone knows life is way to short to be unhappy. Guess I am just asking for some reassurance from someone who has been through this and there feelings toward the end when they want it to be over, can see the end , but just can't grasp it yet. Thanks for any input positive or negative--I just want input

thanks

I've never been through what you're going through, but since you'll be divorced soon...why not just pretend you're divorced now. Enjoy your new honey, introduce him to your kids, and walk, talk and BBQ your butt off.

If love BBQ myself and have a secret recipe for the best sauce in the world. But I hate it when I go to a BBQ restaurant and they serve ribs or chicken that've been sitting on the grill for hours and are hard and dried out. I like mouth watering, moist BBQ.

Stop preoccupying yourself with the divorce and just begin your new life now. Just watch the mail for your final divorce decree. Remember, divorce takes place in the hear, not in a courtroom. As far as the world is concerned, you're as divorced as they get.

Damn....you got me hungry for BBQ now...and those delicious beans...and potato salad. EEEWWWWWWW!!! Who could ever think about a divorce with that on the table.