we are thinking of separation

Me and wife are thinking of separation. (There's no divorce in our country.) We have been fighting a lot. Small petty things tend to blow up into major confrontations.

I try to have a dialogue with her but turns out to be a monologue by my wife. There have been some frustrating economic episodes in the last part of the 2002. Which really made this Christmas the bleakest one yet.

I'm confused right now. I will be leaving for the capital and she would be staying in our province. I will be gone for about a month or more to find work. I hope that the time off would do some good for our marriage. I still want this marriage to work. But I don't know anymore.

Any suggestions? Anyone in this forum ever did trial separations?

Thanks.

Im sorry your going threw this, I have separated before and leaving for a trial is a good way to find out what is needed in the relationship. It is hard to be apart especially if you don't want to separate. But sometimes it has to be done to see if there is anything left in the relationship.

Sometimes just time away from one another helps rebuild a relationship. It could as well hurt one too. I wish you all the best:)

• Author

well it seems that we would not be going ahead with the trial separation. But we will do something which would mean that we would be separated physically. I'm going to work in the Capital and she stays in the province with the kids.

She will look for work in Cebu and I'll look for work in Manila. I hope that all these aggravations and fights are just due to financial situations.

Thanks for the reply.