how long should i wait and why

my husband left oct 2001.he left because of ex-wife/kids

drama.how long should i wait for a response from from divorce papers that my lawyers sent to him.i dont understand

why he will not respond.i need the guys to give me some insight on why a man who runs off leaves his wife because

he does not like to be confronted about his inability to stand up to a controlling ex-wife plays dead and will not

respond to divorce papers.please dont forget he used to call

on a weekly basis telling me how happy he is being away from

me.please be senstive with your replys.i would love to hear

from a man or someone who knows a man that did this and

the outcome.thank you.

We are in no position to know why your husband won't respond to these papers. Any conjecture would be just that...complete speculation.

My guess is that his behavior is passive agressive. People who are passive agressive get back or retaliate against other people by their inaction rather than by any overt action. The show their anger by NOT DOING what they are supposed to do (being passive) in lieu of actually DOING what is asked of them. It's pretty nutty but people do this everyday of the year. Small children regularly display passive agressive behavior...unless they get their butt's kicked by mom or dad.

In most states, the courts would have the power to subpoena a defendant in a divorce action. Talk to your lawyer and have him get a court order or whatever else may be required to handle this matter.

You can also divorce someone without their signature or participation. If they can't be served, you simply place legal advertisements in newspapers for the appropriate amount of time and go from there. This is a great way to do it because the courts will usually process whatever you ask for in your divorce order.

The question you should be asking your lawyer is how can you get a divorce in the absense of a reponse from your husband rather than why isn't he responding.

Getting your divorce without his participation will really get him if he's being passive agressive in his current behavior.

I think these are questions you can ask your lawyer.

Ask your lawyer if your complaint was filed. The Defendant than would have a set date (or a couple months) to file a counter complaint. Which this could be the case since you have not gotton any word of it. The lawyer should have the dates. Also ask when the Judgement date is!

You can have a divorce, no problems. Im my state the court requires that you:

1.Have lived in this state at least six months prior to seperation.

2. That you were both lawfully married.

3. That you both have lived separate for over a year.

Neither Plaintiff or Defendant have to be present at court on the date of Judgment. It takes one minute or less for the Judge to sign his name to grant divorce. And thats it!

my husband left oct 2001.he left because of ex-wife/kids drama.how long should i wait for a response from from divorce papers that my lawyers sent to him.i dont understand why he will not respond.i need the guys to give me some insight on why a man who runs off leaves his wife because he does not like to be confronted about his inability to stand up to a controlling ex-wife plays dead and will not respond to divorce papers.please dont forget he used to call on a weekly basis telling me how happy he is being away from me.please be senstive with your replys.i would love to hear from a man or someone who knows a man that did this and the outcome.thank you.