LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Second Chances

In contact with ex since breakup but how do I go No Contact without looking crazy?

Second Chances Called it off but doubting the decision now? Someone wants you back? Let us know about it!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th March 2019, 2:30 PM   #1

In contact with ex since breakup but how do I go No Contact without looking crazy?

My ex dumped me almost 6 months ago but weíve never stopped being in contact. Havenít met up since then and for the most part he initiates via text and I respond. Heís mentioned meeting up a few times but never follows through and I will not ask because I donít think I should when heís the one who left me. I was hoping that one of two things would happen;

1. A reconciliation

2. I meet someone else and just slow fade

But I realise now itís very hard to move on when every time I get a text I drop all the things I was angry about and my heart thinks Ďmaybe this time it finally be differentí. Never does.

So my question is how do I tell him I need no contact without looking like a loser whoís still super emotional and not over him? Iím not looking to try and use this to get him to come back I think that our time is done and Iíve accepted that.

TLR been speaking to ex for almost 6 months but I want to go NC how to tell him?
Maria_belen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 2:47 PM   #2
Established Member

you always look crazy when implementing NC, that's part of the allure

- Monty Python
alphamale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 3:14 PM   #3
Established Member

Just stop responding to his texts. Maybe text back a week later and then next time two weeks later and just fade out of his life. You can always tell him you are just moving on without making it sound like you're an emotional mess. If he keeps acting like he wants to be friends or hopes you'll take him back as is, just tell him, I'm going to move on and you should do the same.
Old 5th March 2019, 3:35 PM   #4
Established Member

You won't look crazy. Just stop responding. It really is as simple as that . . . slow fade.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 4:26 PM   #5
Established Member

If you actually want to R, you could respond along the lines of "Do you want to reconcile? If not, why do you keep texting me?" and see what the response is. (Maybe a little sweeter than my phrasing.) Just don't get your hopes up too high.

If the answer isn't acceptable, go slow fade as suggested above.
mark clemson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 5:32 PM   #6
Established Member

Why do you think you owe him anything? You moved on and don't need confirmation of what it once was so I'd say simply block them and get busy living.

Anything else is hanging on to a past idea that you know in your heart bears nothing for you in the future.
Mr.Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2019, 9:28 PM   #7
Established Member

Something that previously worked for me: Hey, at some point one or both of us will be involved with other relationships and the new person probably wonít appreciate us being in contact. I think itís best if we stop the texts.

And then never respond again.
chryssy83 is offline   Reply With Quote