Spending Time With Ex ( )

DiCaprio2

Long story short, my girlfriend (she's 24 I'm 27) of 2 years broke up about 3 months ago. Initially, she just wanted a break, but I knew what was coming. We spoke a lot, spent time together, were intimidate during the 2 or so "break" weeks. Eventually it went to a full break-up because she met a rebound. I immediately cut off contact with her. However, at least once a week for the next 2 months or so, she'd find a reason to text me (examples: she heard I was kissing another girl - I wasn't, she heard I was hanging out with a girl she didn't like - I wasn't, tell me how a doctor visit went, just to talk, randomly tell me she doesn't hate me, etc.). Each time I was always on guard and kept the conversation short. After a few weeks of this the next time she reached out I pointed out how often she's reached out and questioned why. Which she got mad about and ended the conversation in a small argument. After this, I started ignoring her when she would reach out.

Side note: I had been preparing for months to propose to her just two weeks after we broke up. So, when we broke up, it kinda hit me hard. Eventually someone told her about the ring and my plans. Which just kinda muddied the whole situation more.

About three weeks ago I had a voicemail from her crying saying I was right about everything and a text. I ignored both which prompted her to get mad that I was ignoring her and send me messages saying I was being a dick. She had found out her rebound was still seeing his ex (something I had told her when I first found out about him, as I'm friends with his exes best friend). Eventually I responded. We made plans to hangout, but then she bailed on them because she thought she was "wrong" about her rebound. Fast forward another week, I get another text from her and the conversation goes well. She found out that her suspicions about him were true.

We hung out the next night at my house laying in my bed eating pizza and having a few beers. She was laying on me as I rubbed her back and belly. We didn't speak about us or her rebound or anything from the past. Just enjoyed and lived in the moment. It was a really great night. On her way home she texted me saying it was great to see me, but that she is focusing on herself right now and doesn't want to lead me on. I told her I have no expectations on us spending time together again and am unsure of what I would want from it to begin with. We've been texting daily since. A couple phone calls.

We made plans to hangout again last night. She informed me the day prior that she is still "talking" to her rebound and went out with him that night. Which annoyed me, but I brushed it off after a few minutes. We ended up spending time at her place last night. Again, eating and drinking in her bed and watching TV. She was even more touchy this time, letting me rub her bare butt while we laid in bed. So that kind of gave me the impression that things were different this time. She even threw out the idea of me spending the night there. So eventually I went in to kiss her and she pulled away and said "Don't. We're hanging out slow. Lets just take things slow. I don't want to be physical or kiss anyone right now. It's not just you. It's just not what I want at this time with anyone." Then why are you spending time with your ex like this? Why are you hanging out "as friends" in public with your rebound?

I ended up leaving shortly after and she assumed I was mad (I wasn't, more so upset, but wasn't trying to let it be known). I told her I wasn't and we got into a brief small argument about her rebound. She then reiterated that she told me from the jump that she doesn't want to lead me on and that maybe spending time together is a bad idea... but then on a phone call this morning invited me out with her friends tonight.

So, I'm just kind of confused on this whole situation. Her friends have been pestering her to get back with me. I'm getting mixed signals from her every time I see her. Her still hanging out with her rebound despite her knowing he's sleeping with his ex still.

Edited by DiCaprio2

so, what is it you want? if you're ok with her seeing someone else, then define your FWB status. if you're not ok with that, and are really trying to win her back to be in a monogamous relationship, then I'm sorry, but this probably will not end well for you.