finally said my peace

wiseman6716

been split with this girl for almost 2 years. She immediately started dating someone and is still with him. We've stayed in touch off an on. Every time she gets the feeling im moving on or finds out I'm dating someone she finds a way to make contact small talk etc. I admit I would encourage it as I do still care about her. For the last couple months we had conversations nothing serious text here and there etc. I was talking to someone else as well. I asked her to hang out, and she said she really needed to break things off with her bf before we hung out. My answer was I respect that. Well I didn't hear anything for over 2 weeks and then a text asking about the gym I go to and how is it. Just the same old sh*T. I debated of just responding, but I admit was on the fence how I Wanted to respond. So I thought about it for a week and responded. Usually I answer anyones text within a day but I really contemplated this. I responded shorter version. Got your message and want to level with you. Ive spent time trying to make things right. I agree and respect what you said but The occasional phone call and text I cant settle for. Care about you more than that to. You have to do whats best for you. Hope you had a great 4th.

Sounds like you gave her a considered and reasonable response. She told you she needs to break up with him first so that's the first thing you can ask her if she comes back to you and you want to be involved in future

It's not her fault. You are the one who chose to hang on to nothing.

It's been 2 years. Starving on breadcrumbs got you what?