Meeting with ex fling Wednesday

So, me and this ex fling called things off near the end of November. He’s a coach and pretty much told me that he couldn’t make me a priority right now due it being basketball season and not being able to give me what I need. I was pretty heartbroken.

We didn’t talk . . I sent him a text within a few weeks telling him I respected his decision. And he said he would love for us to be friends . . then a few weeks later he wished me a merry Christmas. I wished him a happy New Years - to which he said happy New Years and mentioned how we should get together and catch up. We set a time for today but he had to reschedule - so now we are meeting up on Wednesday. He alluded during the breakup that maybe we can try things again after basketball season . . And it’s almost the end of basketball season well closer then when we first started talking. And I do want him back. When we meet up how can I go about this without messing things up?

Messing what up? The terms are still the same -- he will only have time for you when it's not basketball season. Are you willing to go through this again next November?