Study Abroad

Hi Folks,

So my gf of 3 years broke up with me last while studying abroad in EU. Her reasoning seemed really strange and not well thought out. She is EU for another two weeks. She will be gone for six weeks total.

Right before she left I didn't get any vibe that she was thinking about breaking up with me, any hints or indications. We planned on talking to each other over the summer and had plans for after she got back.

She just turned 21 so I completely understand that she might be in a mental rut figuring out what she wants. She also mentioned that being abroad has made her develop.

To be clear Im not sure if I want this relationship to work or I never want to see her again. Im just here from some possible insights. Since the breakup I texted her only once asking to skype the next day, she shot back pretty quickly with plans for the day after..but I later canceled the plans. I have not talked to her since the break...

Thank you!!

She may have wanted to have a fabulous European adventure with no ties back home -- i.e. she wanted to be free to date without cheating. If that is the case, when you see her again, test the waters for a reconciliation if that is what you want. Otherwise simply leave her be.

She may also have decided she outgrew you & the relationship.

• Like 1