Thought I was getting a second chance with my ex-wife, now not so sure.

JohnClark

First let me tell you little details about my marriage. My wife and I were high school sweethearts. We've been married since 2003. We also have two children ages 15 and 10.

2 years ago my wife became depressed and wanted to move to her home state where she had family and she grew up. I moved us here as soon as I could find employement in the area. Within 6 months of moving my wife filed for divorce. She must have planned this entire move and caught me blindsided. I didn't see it coming at all. We lived together during the filing and it was hard. I begged and pleaded and did all the wrong things.

She moved out a month before it was final. She told me to give her some time and we'd revisit the possibility of reconciliation, which is weird to tell your ex-husband weeks after filing for divorce to end the marriage & moving out. I gave her months of no contact till after the New Year.

She would eventually call me, text me, come to my place with our kids and vice verca for the next few months. We hung out 3 to 5 times a week and even spent a few nights together, but no sex was ever initiated, just cuddling. Well, I thought maybe I was getting a second chance.

Until 3 weeks ago, then everything stops. No more hanging out, or replies to texts or answer to calls unless it specifically about our kids. She now tells me she doesn't want to be in a relationship with anyone right now. My 15 told me she would tell me if she ever saw her mom with someone new and to this day she has not. My original thought was whoever she was messing around during divorce and period of NC , is back. I have no proof there was anyone during that time just pure gut feeling by the way.

What's weird is we didn't get into any fights or anything that would cause her to just shut down like she did. When we hung out it felt like our spark had been reignited. The only thing that worried me was she wasn't affectionate with me at all, besides long embraces. No kissing, sex etc .

I have no idea what's going on in her head and she refuses to talk to me about it. Any advice or thoughts on this? I really thought it was my second chance but now I'm not sure what the hell is going on. I'm suffering but this hanging out then stopping has really hurt my kids the worst.

Edited by JohnClark
d0nnivain

I am so sorry this is happening to you. Unfortunately you have to put your kids first. Reassure then that you love them. Try to encourage some relationship for them with your wife's family since you ostensibly moved to be closer to them.

As for you, take a deep breath & assume the worst. Especially if the divorce is final, accept that your marriage is over. Know you tried. Join a divorce support group or get counseling. Hang in there. Your kids need you.

• Like 2

Your wife tricked you into moving to her home state,then filed for divorce knowing she had family to support her and you had nobody.In my opinion there is probably an old flame on the scene and she is deciding whether to reconcile with you or go with him.By the sound of things you lost.Do not let her mess you around,move on with your life and focus on yourself.By the way,don't rely on your daughter telling you anything about another man.Mothers and daughters can be thick as thieves by times.

• Like 1
BluesPower

Without a doubt...

Buddy, you are kind of blind here, I think willfully.

Your Ex W, screwed you over in a very cruel and deceptive way.

She got you to pay all the moving expenses, find a new job so she could divorce you while close to her family.

She is having an affair with someone. Someone that is worth it to her to destroy her marriage and family over.

Did she ever travel back home to see her family while you were married, without you?

You need to wake up and let her go, and move on with your life.

• Like 1
  • Author
JohnClark
Did she ever travel back home to see her family while you were married, without you?.

Yes, she did a few times but always with the kids. Her family never liked me.