Why is he contacting me??

My boyfriend cheated on me...and I have hit rock bottom...I know you all know how I feel! It has been dragging on for about 5 weeks...because that is how long it has taken me to find out the extent of the cheating...but now I know I have to walk away.

The 5 weeks have taken its toll, the not eating, constant crying...I have been subscribed antidepressants...I have tried NC ...but I have slipped a few times. He says it is over with the other girl& that he loves me...whatever... But he obviously knows what a state I am in, so he keeps ringing&txting me pleading that he needs me, Ive taken like 2 out 20 calls and hardly replied to the texts...but what Im writing for advice on is why is he contacting me? Does he feel guilty so it is confusing him in wanting to get back with me? Why is he contacting me at all? If he has been cheating with someone else why does he need me?

ConfusedInOC
Originally posted by Jess xx

My boyfriend cheated on me...and I have hit rock bottom...I know you all know how I feel! It has been dragging on for about 5 weeks...because that is how long it has taken me to find out the extent of the cheating...but now I know I have to walk away.

The 5 weeks have taken its toll, the not eating, constant crying...I have been subscribed antidepressants...I have tried NC ...but I have slipped a few times. He says it is over with the other girl& that he loves me...whatever... But he obviously knows what a state I am in, so he keeps ringing&txting me pleading that he needs me, Ive taken like 2 out 20 calls and hardly replied to the texts...but what Im writing for advice on is why is he contacting me? Does he feel guilty so it is confusing him in wanting to get back with me? Why is he contacting me at all? If he has been cheating with someone else why does he need me?

You don't deserve to be treated the way he treated you.

He's probably feeling guilty but if you want my guess, the other women found out what a "snake in the grass" he is and now he's down to trying to cross burned bridges in hopes SOMEONE is desperate enough to take him back.

Merin, where are you? Work the same magic on her you did me. Teach her to "get rid of the evidence" and move on.

I'll keep posting this till we all have it embedded in our minds: "When someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE THEM!"

• Author

Thanks, I might print that out :)

When I found everything out and he said "I don't want to lose you, she is nothing" I told him him to prove it and he rang her on hands free and told her he loves me and that she meant nothing", so I know she probably was pissed off and told him where to go...even though he probably rang her when he was alone to make amends!!

I know what I have to do, just never believed I could feel this bad and hate the way I have let him get so under my skin, everyone says I can do better and to go find someone else, but I am not ready yet...I hope it doesn't take too long.

ConfusedInOC
Originally posted by Jess xx

Thanks, I might print that out :) [/quuote]

Please do. And print my signature file as well.

When I found everything out and he said "I don't want to lose you, she is nothing" I told him him to prove it and he rang her on hands free and told her he loves me and that she meant nothing", so I know she probably was pissed off and told him where to go...even though he probably rang her when he was alone to make amends!!

If he did that to her, he'd do it to you too. That's the kind of heartless, gutless punk this guy is. Don't fall into his trap.

I had a little poem on friends, but I'll give you the main part:

He'll keep you close by

Like a Marionette on a string

So you'll be there

Whenever he wants a fling

I know what I have to do, just never believed I could feel this bad and hate the way I have let him get so under my skin, everyone says I can do better and to go find someone else, but I am not ready yet...I hope it doesn't take too long.

Start by reading some of my threads and watching for the advice. I've been throught this too. Pay special attention to Merin's advice on getting rid of the evidence :) It works.