EX reached out after 3 months. We met.

grokcahsevol

I'm sure many of you know the story, if not quick re-cap.

Together for 9 years, she left me for someone else she was with about 11 years ago, I went NC right away, she emailed me, I ignored, she called - I called back the next day.

So I took in advice from many people, including friends, psychologist, and of course LS. I went with my gut.

We met, had lunch and had a great time. We only talked. She's still currently with her partner but wants to end it but she's afraid she is going to hurt her self as the partner is very controlling and a bit psychotic.

After we met for lunch two days later she wanted me to come visit her, I let her do all the calling and texting. I did agree as I was heading out there for a interview anyway the next morning.

We did have sex and we laughed and joked, it felt as we never broke up.

She did started to ask me about "us" and what will happen after she breaks up with her partner.

I told her we shouldn't rush into anything and not put any labels on us, and she agreed.

I'm not putting my everything into this as I'm keeping my guard up and keeping busy doing my own things. I know we both know what we want but also know we shouldn't rush into anything.

She told me how when we met up for lunch she said it was perfect. She also told me I look really good. I changed up my style, from my hair to my clothing. I hit the gym 5 days a week (not to lose weight, but to gain more mass) and also started jui jitsu while also running my business.

I suppose I'm just waiting to see what happens and also have a slight feeling she may feel very guilty about breaking up with her to come back to me. However, all her friends that I know and her new friends, they all told her that her current partner is not good for you and that when we were together she was very content and happy.

needed to vent this out and maybe some advice

Marco Valerio

"Together for 9 years, she left me for someone else she was with about 11 years ago"

"She did started to ask me about "us" and what will happen after she breaks up with her partner."

wooooow... I can't believe that after reading those two sentences above, you still want to have her in your life!!!! unbelievable!!! Friend apart from many things...she's a ****ing CHEATER!!!! Forget her, move on with your life!!!!!

I've followed your story and I'm surprised this happened. Sex already and she's still with her partner? Not good. That's called cheating, so I guess you're ok with that since you know she is still with that person. Yeah, she says she doesn't, but the facts are the facts. Actions speak louder than words.

"I told her we shouldn't rush into anything and not put any labels on us, and she agreed."

Of course she did. It leaves it open for her to do what she wants and not have any guilt, though since she has already slept with you while with her partner, I don't think that's in her make up.

I wish I could say I'm happy for you, but the way this is progressing is just a huge red flag to me. This is not the way to try and reconcile and make it work.

Edited by dumbass2