She slept with other people

soooconfused

soooconfused

So exactly how are you supposed to get over the fact that your SO slept with other people during a break? I am happy she is back but I cant get the fact that she slept with other people out of my mind!!! Besides time, and counseling are there any suggestions? I keep telling myself she is human and has needs just like the next person, that helps a little...wondering if anyone else has any similar stories and what you did to mentally deal with it...

that sucks man...i dont know how i would deal with that if i ever get in that situation....hopefully i dont....at least she was honest with you though....i guess you just have to realize that you ARE back with your ex, something most of us wish we could say...

Just curious how long the break was for. Did you break up completely? Agree to see other people? I guess it would depend on the situation before the break up and what you two agreed to.

• Author
soooconfused
Originally posted by j_nelson

how many ppl did she sleep with?

thanks for the replies guys...we broke up for a little over a year but stayed in touch because of our daughter...she slept with two people. I also dated which makes it a little easier...we had no agreement when we split up so i cant really fault her for it...its just a matter of trying to deal with it at this point.....

KUDOS to you for trying to work things out again for the sake of your daughter!! Can you talk to her about it without attacking/getting angry? Perhaps if you two could discuss it she could reassure you that she doesn't think about them, want them, (the past guys) etc. This will take time, your feelings wont disappear over night. Old issues will probably rear their ugly heads too but I think it is so great you two are trying again. I really hope it works out. If you both get stuck on this issue, try counselling. Best of luck

• Author
soooconfused
Originally posted by j_nelson

just curious as to how old you are??

I am 34, she is 30...a little more history...we have been married for 7 years. I know she loves me with all her heart. She is really into making the family work. I was primarily to blame for the separation to begin with. I just didnt give the relationship my all. I am not worried about these other guys, what kills me are the mental images and just the thoughts of her sleeping with these people. We have talked about it, i drive her crazy with questions, she has told me over and over that she has told me everything...but for some reason i always imagine the worst. We have been back together for about 3-4 months now....things are great. If it wasnt for these images in my mind i would be giving the relationship 100% right now instead of just 75%...what can i do???