Ex still attached to me.

My boyfriend of a year broke up with me about 3 weeks ago.

He broke up with me claiming that he still cares about me deeply, but didn't want the realtionship anymore. He wanted to date someone with a different personality than mine. Which is kind of odd, we never fought and we got along great. Anyway, the other night a friend of his and me thought that it'd be funny if we pretended that we were drunk/high while we talked to him. He got SO upset at me for the fact that I did drugs (he didn't know it was a joke till later) He went on and on how he was so dissapointed in me and felt like I didn't care about him because I went out and did "something like that". Is this a strange reaction for an ex boyfriend? I mean, I know he cares ... but isn't it MY life?

Also, last night we talked for about two hours straight. About an hour of this was him asking me for advice about a girl he's interested in, venting about her and what not. I gave him the best non judgmental advice that I could, and that was that. I asked him once during out conversation why he cared about me so much. His reply was, "I don't know. But I do, and I probably always will" I asked him what him and I were going to do if we never cared about someone else like we have eachother and he goes, "I don't know"

If it helps any, he's almost 18 and I am 17. It was both of ours first really serious relationship.

He claims that him and I will probably never get back together. At this point, he is even really uncomfortable to see me in person, because he says I'm still so physically attractive to him, that it makes him want to 'take me' and from previous occasions, there's not much stopping it.. and he doesn't want that to happen, yet at the same time he does. So for now he refrains from seeing me.

I still love him a lot, and God knows I'd still take him back. Are my chances getting smaller since he's developed an interest in another girl? Do you guys think his actions are odd?

I don't really even know what to think anymore ... This whole experience has been so so confusing.

SolLunaEstrella

[font=times new roman][/font]

What I think is odd is that you and one of his friends thought it would be "funny" to pretend you were drunk or high or whatever....

You've asked the question about it being odd for him to be upset that you would take drugs... I don't see this as odd... just because the two of you are no longer romantically involved why would it be bad or odd for him to care about you as a friend?

I just don't believe in playing little games like that... obviously you were looking for some kind of a response from him when you called him... it isn't clear what response you were looking for... if it was just to see if he cared or not?

Right now he is telling you he doesn't want to be in the relationship with you... so I don't think there is any point in wondering if this is how he really feels.... just the fact that he calls you to discuss other girls in my opinion is pretty telling of how he thinks regarding you... he thinks of you as a friend.

You're only 17... so move on here... meet other people.

• Author

We didn't call him, it was online. There's a story/reason behind the whole joke, but yeah ... *shrug*

I know it was immature.