is it common for people to break up and get back together and stay together.

mustanggt_1989

mustanggt_1989

i was wondering. is it normal for couples to break up one time or many times before they get married. my ex-girlfriend semi-recently broke up with me without any real justification other than feelings. and i was wondering if this is normal or not? we had been happy together for 4 years and she just felt compelled to break up. there was no cheating, no big arguments, no insurmountable issues other than our relationship being long distance. (which would have ended soon had we stayed together). in an attempt to cope with the confusion, i asked her the last time we talked. "why did you break up with me?" Answer "i don't know.' this was 2 months after that i asked this. i still feel like she will come around but i don't know sometimes. i haven't talked to her now for like 6 weeks. i am hoping after she gets her distance and space she will look back on our relationship differently. so what is it? do break ups happen often before the people finally get together? i know of one example.

i feel in my case, because we still got along so well, that she needed to break up to see if being with me is what she really wanted.

StartingAgain

It is not unusual for a couple to agree to spend a bit of time apart before deciding if they want to commit to one another. But they don't just break up out of the blue and for no reason. She knows why she broke up with you, she's just not telling you. I suspect that it has sometyhing to do with not wanting the long distant relationship -- or (sorry about this) there's another man. Friend, you haven't spoken to her in six weeks. It is highly unlikely that shes "going to come around." She's finished and it's time for you to move on.

there is a reason. if she's not giving you one than she's crazy. and i think she's just not telling you...you at LEAST deserve that so you can move forward. if she won't give you one and refuses, tell HER NEVER to contact you further. that's a load of crap.