how can i understand his behaviour?

hi

]I have one problem and i would appreciate your advice. Iknew one guy for over 2 years. We met in the Usa where we worked together,after we havent seen with each other for a few months but our contact renewed and we went toAustralia together. I always treated him just as a friend though he wanted something more. i did it wrong by giving him hopes once, i was making excuses to not see him,eventually we didnt managed to met for a half year. He has been waiting fornothing so he got upset and told me that doesnt want to continue thisaquitance. I realized i really care about him, i have been writing to him foranother half year and though he answers, he doesnt write himself. I didnt toldhim what i feel, i wanted to tell him when i see him, when he wrote to me thathe miss me, i was wondering maybe there is still something i can do.. i askedhim for a meeting the next day and ...he says he is busy and that we will seewith each other later. I wish he couldbe straight, i dont know what to think....and i dont want to write what i feeli want to tell him, should i write asking for another meeting?[/sIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][sIZE=3][/sIZE][/FONT]