IF i call him tomorrow what do i say? should i wait a couple more days?

wormsarethewords

wormsarethewords

this is long but i really need serious un-objective advice. my friends are back and forth.

we'd only been officially dating for 2 weeks but we started arguing 2 days before he said he couldn't do it anymore. the arguments were somewhat insignificant (the first one was over texting). He ended it after an argument we had about him flaking last friday night. On thursday we stayed in when we were supposed to go out with friends because he wasn't feeling up to par and we agreed to go out with them friday night instead. I reminded him friday morning, then called before work to tell him the game plan and didn't get a response (him telling me he wasn't coming because he was too tired) till 6:30. Of course i was frustrated because this was the last night my friend's brother was going to be here and my guy was telling me this now when he had all day to let me know. I tried calling him and he never picked up then he called me at work the next day to tell me he was done.

here's where things get difficult for me: we talked about it for an hour and a half while i was supposed to be working. his reasoning was that he didn't want to disappoint me for the rest of my life. I am the type to walk away RIGHT AWAY when they a guy says they're done but with him i can't. i ended a 2 and a half year relationship last july like it was just a crush. my heart is broken right now. i honestly know with every atom of my being that this is something that can and should be. i can truly say that the way i feel right now doesn't compare to anything i've ever felt. i know i'm young but i've lived a long life and i've experienced enough to say these things and not be looked down on like a silly little girl.

what i need to know is this...what do i do now? i texted him after we, well he said goodbye and hung up. i asked if we could talk in person because it would be easier for me to get over it that way and get closure. no response. he told me on the phone to give him space so i haven't said anything since. i haven't tried to contact him at all. but i want to call him tomorrow and ask if we can talk in person. my roommate (a guy) said i should. i don't feel like this will yield any results but he does. will it? what do i say? i want him to give this another chance, ultimately. what can i say to help that? if he says no, what can i say to maybe keep a friendship between us?

we never had sex (definitely hooked up!) either so i do think a friendship is possible.

also, he writes down his dreams and about a month before he met me he had a dream that he went out with friends and met a petite girl in her early 20s. they were kissing and he was really happy. then in his dream he got a phone call from a friend. its vague but this did happen the night we met (i'm 22, he's 26).

This may sting a little for you .

but I have to tell you this, Start NC and begin your healing process..

A guy who only dated you for 2 weeks and because of arguments decided to break up with you.

The ugly truth is, he's not being serious with you. Anyone who is serious with you to be in a relationship with you will not break up with you just being 2 weeks into a relationship.

Smile and be happy that you see this side of this man earlier than........... years down the road.

Realistically speaking, talking to him in person will not get you closure, begin NC and start thinking he's not worth it will get you the true closure.

You don't have to say anything to him and you don't have to hear anything from him. And, forget about this friendship thingy with him, he doesn't treasure you as a girlfriend, you don't have to lose your dignity to be his friend.

And that letter he wrote about meeting a girl in 20s, this was PAST. The PRESENT now is he doesn't want to be with you already.

The sooner you realise that he's not being serious with you, the faster you can get out of this misery feeling.