I don't think he really wanted to break up, I think I pushed him to it

strawberrywine

strawberrywine

I apologize in advance if this is long, but I would really appreciate some advice and I don't want to leave out any details..

My (ex) boyfriend and I broke up almost a month ago. We had been fighting a lot, I think because I'm insecure and uptight and he's just too laid back. One night we got into a stupid fight (I started), and I told him I wanted to re-think the relationship, and to call me the next day. He did, and I told him I didn't want to break up. Well, we ended up getting into it and he said "If you keep starting fights it's over" and I said "If you ever call me a b**** again it's over." Then later in the argument I said something to irritate him and he said "you know what, you're a B****! Are you happy? It's over!" and then I said "well I'll talk to you later" and hung up.

About a week later I wrote him a note and gave it to him in school. It pretty much told him how sorry I was and that I would wait for him if he needed time to think about things, and that I love him. It's been a couple weeks since I wrote that note, and he hasn't responded. He'll smile at me and wave if I see him in the hall, but he hasn't talked to me about anything.

All of this is tearing me up. I don't think he really wanted to break up, I think I pushed him to it, and he did it out of anger. I have been ignoring him for the last 3 days, in an effort to get him to miss me and possibly come back to me..but it hasn't worked so far. We are both 17, dated for 8 months (known each other a year) and were very much in love. I miss him so much..I want to talk to him, but I don't know what to say, or how to go about it. I don't want to bother him, as I'm sure he had his reasons for not responding to me letter.

Just a few things I'd like oppinions on..why wouldn't he have responded to my note? Does that mean it's over for good? And should I continue ignoring him?

Thanks for any help..,

Well it doesn't really mean its over for good. Maybe you guys just needed a little break since you did say you had been fighting a lot. The same thing happened to me and my ex after about 8 months of dating. Try not to think about it too much. Try to just talk to him, but don't try too hard. Once you get him talking to you again and have your friendship back then you can worry about the other stuff.