I'm not sure what to do. I have an ex boyfriend that recently looked me up via email. I hadn't spoken to him in over a year but for the past few weeks we began to talk and realized how much more we have in common. I still have feelings for him (I always have) but he doesn't know. I want to re-establish the friendship and see where it leads before I say anything. In the past, we've always been friends before the relationship began and I want that again. At the least, I'll have that friendship again. Oh, did I mention he already has a girlfriend? :)

any ideas on how to make him mine?

an ex is an ex for a reason. Do you really want to go back to a relationship you were obviously unhappy with, so much so that you called it quits? He might look appealing now, especially with a girlfriend in the picture, but believe me, whatever picture you've painted of him in your head is going to be much, much better than the reality you'll face getting back together with him. Like I said, he's an ex for a reason.

now put your shoe on the other foot: would you honestly be happy knowing that your boyfriend's ex looked him up, because she wanted to be his "friend"?

I think she said he emailed her, even tho she was trying to find him (maybe i'm confused tho). So thats kinda coincidental/fate type of thing. And as far as an ex being an ex, maybe they left on good terms, she didn't really say.

But, I'd say if he initiated conversation then at least he's thinking about you. And you're probably closer to having him than you might think. But if he cheats on his girlfriend, whats to stop him from cheating on you in the future. And you're gonna be the other woman in this situation. People don't take kindly to "the other woman" or "the other man".

But quank's right, you might be remembering all the good times and forgetting the bad.

Sorry, I guess I wasn't very clear with my first post.

I was looking for his email for a while and gave up. Shortly after doing so, he looked up my address and emailed me! We've always maintained our friendship while we were no longer seeing each other. However, a little while after, he moved a bit of a distance away and that is how we lost touch.

I really want him back but I don't want to be "the other woman". I guess thats why I want to start off as friends first. help me please!!

Well it sounds ike you have it worked out, I'm not sure what kind of help you want/need.

He emailed you so, in my guy's mind, he's interested in, if nothing else talking to you. And if you're trying to play the friend angle to snag him once he's free I think you're well on your way. Guys don't have "friendzones" like women do. You can be best friends with a guy and he'll do you if you give him the chance. So keep in touch, see if you can work up to a coffee or too, bing bing you're in.