Could i get another chance maybe

Jamez123

seriously do you think there's a possibility of another chance if i explain to my ex, my disgusting moods in the last couple of months of the relationship were due to my serious depression which i never told her about? Honestly it was such a great, year long relationship and she told me after the breakup that it 'went downhill those last two months' when i was trying to fight this terrible depression i had. i didn't tell her because i didn't want to upset her or anything. I feel i must explain it to her but do you reckon she may understnad and at least consider me again?

Only she can tell you what you really need to know.

To my mind, it's fine to be optimistic (so) I'd suggest to at least attempt to contact her -- ONE time.

If she asks, can you promise her that you've learned to better deal with problems as they arise? (Can you be a genuine relationship partner?) Do you know what to do the next time you have a depressive episode? (Can you take care of your own mental, emotional and physical needs and well-being?)

If you contact her and don't hear back, or she slams the door shut, then that is your answer. Best to leave her alone after that.

Good luck, though -- happy endings are a good thing, and only going to be possible here if you at least give it a shot.

• Author
Only she can tell you what you really need to know.

To my mind, it's fine to be optimistic (so) I'd suggest to at least attempt to contact her -- ONE time.

If she asks, can you promise her that you've learned to better deal with problems as they arise? (Can you be a genuine relationship partner?) Do you know what to do the next time you have a depressive episode? (Can you take care of your own mental, emotional and physical needs and well-being?)

If you contact her and don't hear back, or she slams the door shut, then that is your answer. Best to leave her alone after that.

Good luck, though -- happy endings are a good thing, and only going to be possible here if you at least give it a shot.

Hey thanks a lot for this, but she's just f**king said to me now that she 'never wants me back' and that i'm 'annoying' and she wants me to leave her alone, so i shall do. It's so frustrating though, how could she have ever loved me as much as she did.

Tell you what - Drop off the face of the earth - Don't tell her, just do it. Nothing is going to change the fact she wants nothing to do w/ you, so have nothing to do w/ her. Let her stew in the potential mess she made, and when she has (if) regretted her words, she'll be in contact. Not anytime soon, but remember - words spoken are in the now, opinions will change w/ real reflection. Just an opinion.

that she 'never wants me back' and that i'm 'annoying'

That sucks...sorry to hear it. (((hugs)))

But. You found the courage to try, which reflects positively on your character.

Whatever she's thinking/feeling about you now is just her opinion. It doesn't mean that you aren't completely lovable and acceptable just as you are.

That sucks...sorry to hear it. (((hugs)))

But. You found the courage to try, which reflects positively on your character.

Whatever she's thinking/feeling about you now is just her opinion. It doesn't mean that you aren't completely lovable and acceptable just as you are.[/quote

What Ronni said!