Chances...

SolidSolutions

SolidSolutions

Hi,

I know it doesn't mean a thing, but I was just wondering if anyone here had third or fourth chances. How did they went?

Also, I know usually people say that you should only give a second chance and no more than that... but I guess it depends on what happened, right? In my specific case, my ex-gf has different issues every time we broke up.

Could you share your stories?

oh_what_am_I_doing

Well, I've had several exes where the on-again, off-again thing happened multiple times. Obviously none of them worked because they're all exes now. I think that that break-up/get back-together pattern is unhealthy and just prolongs the inevitable. Why take someone back like that? If you were truly happy, you wouldn't keep breaking up!

oh_what_am_I_doing
If it has not worked first time around then forget it!!
At least we agree on something ;)

I am on the second chance right now. We took about 6 months of break (NC/LC). We talked about our own issues and our issues together when we got back together. While not contacting, I gave tons of thoughts to my issues, his issues, and our issues. He did the same. We both agreed to work on those. We are very happy right now. Our relationship is much stronger and is growing everyday. The realtionship this time is completely different from the last time. We are not repeating the same mistakes in the first time. We don't know what happens to this relationship eventually, but I have no regret. We are growing together and I am growing as a person, not just as a GF. I like that.

So, there's nothing wrong to try several times. But, please gauge whether or not both of you clearly understand your own issues, the other party's issues and issues together in a relationship. Then, both of you are willing to work on and see some differences, even it is a small change.

If you guys are simply repeating the same process, then it will end in the same break-ups no matter how situations and issues appear to be different each time.

Good luck.

• Author
SolidSolutions

Actually, the issues are totally different each time we break up... his time issues were about our differences at work and interests – I guess that’s at least silly, but ok, they’ve ever been anyway.

Right now, I guess there won’t be any chance, because she is just ignoring me and seems pretty obvious that her intentions are all but trying again, which it’s really sad after almost 7 years.

Thanks for the input!