He wanted me back for about a minute... I screwed up, feel like a moron!

CosmoBella

Hello everyone and happy holidays!

Well I've been on a great vaction for the last few weeks. Helped alot not to deal with thoughts of my ex and the NC part was going great. Till... the last day of my vacation the ex started to text me!!

I wake up to his msgs, it was odd because my heart didn't skip a beat and I wasnt shooked. It felt as if I was expecting him to text me.

He said "Apologies before hand but I have to do this, I love you and I'm sorry for not being your hero. I think about you all the time" - Huh no no no! I never asked for a here, and I never asked for a jerk. But I got the jerk part anyway. So I text back and he began to lie to me how he has gotten into a bike accident and his car was stolen (if you know my story I've known this man for a long time now and he told me before like 2yrs ago that he got into a bike accident before... and later on I find out it was a lie. I asked him a year after and he denied he ever was in an accident) I was short with my answers-me "That's great. Wish you the best, Take care" This punk then says "Well my heart will always be with you and I still love you like the first day I fell in love with you. Take care"--Damn iT!!! I wanted to cuss him out and say *why the hell would you say this to me you broke my heart already what else do you want you jerk*- I didn't I just asked him why he told me this and why he was getting in touch with me?!- "Cause it's true, I wanted to see how you are doing and I think about you atleast 10 times a day"--- BS!! Another text " I knowI did stupid sshh and I cant change the past but man I adore you still. I think about you and pray to one day be with you as a friend or the love of your life. Youre still my one and only and will be like that forever. I know you dont feel the same but I love you so much"---- Wait a freaking moment!! He broke up with me, he left me, he was talking to some other chick on his myspace and now he is telling me all of this!!

Is he serious? He said he will always be here for me because he never broke a promise to me. Right! He broke my heart. I told him I still loved him and he said he loves me more. He said he wanted to see me and I told him I was in vacation. I asked him one last question " Any new gfs?"- He said "No way"... Right!! My last msg was "happy holidays" no reply...

So I need help how to over come this. His words were numb to my heart. I dont know how to see this as. He wants me back? He's bored or that other chick doesnt want him back? This hinders me once again. NC for a month and now it's gone down the drain. I feel like such an idiot for talking to him. I know what he does to me, and I still let him do it.Any advice or reality checks would be appreciated...

Thanks

-Cosmo

He could be just using you for a fall back, or maybe he means it. Either way, anyone who has a problem with lying can't be trusted, at least not right away. Take it slow until you can feel him out and don't get too emotionally reattached.

Lowcountryman

Doesn't sound like a true gentleman to me or someone that you'd want to be with the rest of your life so I say dump him like a bad cold and move on. Tell him to kiss off.

Take it from me. You can never ever trust someone who lies to you.

My ex started with small lies, and they just kept getting bigger and bigger. Now she calls, I miss you, I want you, I love you...

She says she going to therapy. I hope she is for her own sake. Most of her friends don't even want to talk to her anymore. Her lies killed everything for her. Maybe this is what it took for her to get help. Maybe your ex will get help too.

Good Luck, and have a Happy New Year! be good to yourself

This is exactly what I am going through. The minute that I am finally able to move on and I accept that I have to let go-- he calls saying everything that I had been dying 4 him to say. Its now a vicious cycle, he throws me away like trash and then calls me when he sees me getting strong enough to let it go. It's a sick way to keep me around, yet keep him from getting too emotionally involved.

Maybe your guy has this same intimacy problem? My guy is also a total LIAR! From my experience, it's always the same thing when I go back, it's good --FOR A WHILE, then I'm back to square one of being broken hearted again and again. It's their way to manipulate and control- yet maintain their freedom.

I haven't been successful at walking away. That is why I have joined this. But, I say LEAVE before you feel like me-- a fly in a web.:(

• Author

Well everyone is right, a liar can't ever be trusted.

It's hard to accept that he loved me and he lies to me. I felt it came hand and hand.

My ex doesn't believe in therapy even though he's more screwed up than anyone I know by far.

He was going to get help one year ago around this time for the mental abusive he put me through. He didn't and I still stood by him. What stupid things you do for love [or for the sex].

I don't know how ex's can scent when we are moving on from the heart ache and to make sure you can't get out of that black whole they come by and kick you back in. [pitch dark, no light, freezing cold]

He did contact me for new years said how much he loves me and how he never meant to do stupid Shh to me. I don't care much I guess. But he's always in my head so in some way I must care. He kept saying "I love you so much" then he txt "Mrs. His Last Name"... I cracked open told him to stop for good.

I can't stand still for him. I have to move on and in some way he wont allow me to. I am so close to going to step 1 of a break-up. Cry my eyes out.

Thanks Everyone

-Cosmo