Dealing with the loneliness

Tsiehta

How are you dealing with it? We've been broken up since 5/31, NC most of that time. I've even started to casually date another woman. I am trying to move on, and for the most part, succeeding.

What's tough is the loneliness. Those times when I know that I just don't have that special person to turn to when I need to talk, or share something that happened in my day. I know that takes time to create with a new person, and I always have my friends and family. But, those still aren't the same feeling. I just feel in a state of limbo, kind of waiting for that specialness to develop somewhere else.

It's amazing how important someone can become to you.

At a loss for words after reading your post....that doesn't happen often (Smile)....just remembering that I have also been where you are now.....

Hugs to you.

-Rio

tsieta, i've been broken up with ex about the same as you. i remember having lonely days before the ex, and i'm having them again now. i guess its just reverting to not having a goto person that makes it seem more lonely after a break up. this seems perfectly normal to me if i think about it objectively, you won't feel the same affection and connectiness until you meet your next signifigant other. i don't think there is a perfect way to deal with it, outside of all the things people on this board expouse - keep yourself busy, try to find new friends, and eventually a new lover.

It really sucks, but that's all part of the healing and growing process. you just can't let yourself get stuck focusing on it too much (and i say this when i do it all the time myself)

hang in there, itll get better, i'm in the same situation as you, and i believe it will only get better once we give it some time.