Sometimes, you can go Back....

lone56wolf

lone56wolf

Thursday, I got the news. Even when you know it's coming sooner or later, you don't really want it to come. My ex-wife's cancer is back - lungs and God knows where else this time. Doc figures she'll make it to Christmas without treatment - and she's had enough of that. I felt it when she told me ... got a little misty-eyed. Yeah ... she taught me hell, but we kissed our last goodbye many years ago. Those bitter feelings are days in the past. She's long been forgiven.

She's had the chemo, the radiation. Treatments lasted four years. She's had the surgeries and things taken out. Another part of her died. We all know there's stuff available to keep her "alive" for a long time, but she knows the fight never ends. You're always sick. Guess when you go through it, once is enough. Can't blame her. Her doc's all pffted off with her because she just said "screw it" and signed DNR papers.

Saturday, I felt like I should be out there for when she broke the news to the girls. Our daughters took it well. There were some tears ... but they expected it. My youngest inherited her mother's stiff upper lip. She was all tough and taking it brave. We all knew it was coming. Her Mom said she'll be at the wedding ... but don't be making any plans for after Christmas. Then: both rocks spouted water. That did it. I excused myself for a little walk for the cause....

Mom wanted time with her daughters. Grand daughter kept us busy. I was almost strangled by two teary-eyed girls' hugs when we got back. Not going to ask what was said, but apparently she "righted some wrongs". Sometimes, you can go back....

Wolf

[sIZE=2][/sIZE]

destination_unknown

Just said a little prayer for you and your family