Why do I want him back

Love2share

Love2share

My XBF of over 2 years contacted me last month. We talked for a short while. He had been dating someone else, now they've broken up. He said he didn't contact me during the time they were dating because he didn't want me to get the wrong idea. And he didn't want to cheat on his girlfriend.

The relationship with me and my XBF was hot and cold. There were as many things I loved about him as the things I hated about him. We broke up because it was an LDR and I believe he cheated on me (although he still denies it). I found a love letter he wrote to an XGF during the time he and I were exclusively dating. That was the breaking point for me.

I have been thinking about him since he called me last month. I've been dreaming about him. He's on my mind almost 24/7. Mostly, I've been thinking about what it would be like to have him in my life again. Why am I doing this? Why do I want him back?

He will only be good for me if he has changed in the past 2 years. Typically, people with charater flaws like his don't change. But lately, I've even been analyzing his flaws and considering the possiblity of accepting them. For instance, I would be willing to accept not being the only woman in his life as long as he makes me the priority.

Why do I feel this way??

Typically, people with charater flaws like his don't change.

You're right. And I seriously doubt he's changed at all because he hasn't been dumped for doing stupid crap.

You want him back because you haven't found someone else that makes you realize what a toad he was. Don't settle. Life's too short to be in a hot and cold relationship with no trust. Really, it is. Live your life and have fun and make the most of it. While you're happy you'll meet someone better if you're open to it.

daphne's right, and I speak from experience in saying that people don't change- even after months or years. Maybe he'll treat you better for a little while if you get back together with him, but I can guarantee that things will go back to the way they were. If he cheated on you, he's lost your trust- and if you don't trust him things are NOT going to work out well. I have gotten back together with my ex so many times after months and months of no contact, and it has always been the same s*** because I never completely trusted him. Even if he hadn't really done anything behind my back, I couldn't stop suspecting that he was up to something, and it made me miserable for a long time. I'm still trying to recover from it. Don't bother with him, and concentrate on being happy with yourself, and the right personn will come around eventually.