Over your ex? Why do you still come to LS?

chocolate_boy

chocolate_boy

Well after 8 months apart I can say I feel 100% over my ex now, after NC for 7 months too I am well and truly healed.

Yet sometimes I wonder why I come back here every few days? I have been a member of this site through two breakups, and it's helped a lot when I've needed it, and I sort of feel I owe it to pass down my experiences to people who may be suffering at the moment.

Plus is it just me, or is LS addictive?! I think it is a bit habit forming, although I visit for maybe 20 mins twice a week now, back in October last year I would log-on at work, spend all day reading stories and then about 3 hours at home, I was hooked on this place lol.

On the down side, the only time I ever think of my ex really is when I visit this site, but the memories aren't painful anymore so can deal with it.

For the other "healed" people, why do you come back?

What's up bud?

Well, well...same story here, broke up aroud the same time as chocolate boy, and NC for 7 months also. All healed :)

Glad you're feeling better, and to everyone who's going through difficult times, keep your chin up, and you will prevail.

Why be on LS? People here have given me advice and hope, an outlet for "unbiased" opinion.

Why stay on LS? I haven't been here for quite some time, and I believe that after a while, a good break is in order to really clear your mind and really start working on a major overhaul of all of your spirit (yes, reading about depressing topic can also affect your mood).

But now that I am better, I can tell my story to people who are going through what I went through and provide them with a little hope. Yes I was pretty screwed up back then, but similar stories, people showed me that I was not alone and this is only another way to help yourself.

In the end, let go of painful memories, LS, and be happy with yourself!

yea dood this is weird. my ex dumped my a$$ well over a year ago. then it was no contact for 5 months. then she couldnt stand me ignoring her. we gave it a second try about 5 or so months ago. i told her it wasnt going to happen after a few months of talking/sleeping together(no sex, we were scared, and no im not gay)HAHAHA!

anyways then no contact for 4 months, and i was fine during that. and now im back on this sight! i thought i was over her, and now im confused. damn it.

Brittanyjean06

Ls is most defiently addictive! espeically when your momentarily in a tramautic situation.

Even when I felt better, I noticed I was gradually not getting on Ls any more, but poped up every now and than

Now when your over something, I don't feel like you should just drop Ls and feel like It is part of your past, because we all know this will happen again and you will be right back on ls.

And ones who have gotten over what they had to go through, should proudly give advice on how they got over it, how long it took.

We need experience people here, not only that but I like giving advice and recieving it. I think I will always come to this site, even when over my ex...I love this site ahha

kitten chick

It's cheaper than therapy and it gives me something to do at work since I'm blocked from half of the internet. Also to use PM. And of course because it stops me from screwing up my current love life. :o

Well after 8 months apart I can say I feel 100% over my ex now, after NC for 7 months too I am well and truly healed.

Yet sometimes I wonder why I come back here every few days? I have been a member of this site through two breakups, and it's helped a lot when I've needed it, and I sort of feel I owe it to pass down my experiences to people who may be suffering at the moment.

Plus is it just me, or is LS addictive?! I think it is a bit habit forming, although I visit for maybe 20 mins twice a week now, back in October last year I would log-on at work, spend all day reading stories and then about 3 hours at home, I was hooked on this place lol.

On the down side, the only time I ever think of my ex really is when I visit this site, but the memories aren't painful anymore so can deal with it.

For the other "healed" people, why do you come back?

I came here for some unanswered questions concerning my ex, but once I got them, I was sunk in to LS. I admit to being an LS addict. This place gives great advice and the people here are pretty cool as well.

TravelLight

I have spent a lot of time on LS.

For me, it is a fantastic community. Also, one of the reasons why I love the internet in general. You can suck up all the information, filter it and take direction from it. Better that any book or newspaper because there is no editor.

Honestly, if an alien came down to earth and wanted to learn about the human race they would just plug into the Net and suck it all up Matrix style! No censorship I say!

Also, there was a moment when I was really saved by a few people on here.

Sometimes, even if you have lots of people around you, it's hard to express yourself to them.

radiation7740

LS is not for everybody. I don't think this website is for me at all but I'm addicted. I wish I never knew about this place to begin with. But now I can't seem to stay away. I believe in taking everything that is said here with a grain of salt. Afterall the fine print says that the ideas expressed here are opinions and not gospel or bible.

We are not speaking to counselors or therapists on here. I think it's better to talk to someone in person if you can. This place should be a last resort if you don't already have a good support system around you in the offline world.

I personally think this website is rather cultic. If you stay here too long you will become brainwashed like everybody else. I'm sowing seeds of doubt about my relationships by reading 11-13 threads and stories per day. It makes me not want to get into any relationship because the odds are I'm going to get hurt anyway.

My decision to never get married is based on alot of the stories I read in the divorce forums. So I might as well stay away from women as much as possible!

Something to do??? :D:lmao:

Gives me something to do while I'm waiting for other things to complete at work or at home.

Actually learned a few things and even now contemplating what to do next phase in life. :) right now I'm enjoying the quiet down time of LS.

It's either LS or the alternatives... don't really want the alternatives.

Well, I can't say I'm over my ex, but I really enjoy reading others stories and sharing what (little) I've learned.

I feel like so many of you have personalities. Of course, the real people behind the computers are probably far different than what I have in my mind, but hey, it's my brain! :-)

re:

CB: "For the other "healed" people, why do you come back?"

My answer: (Smile) -because sharing knowledge, information, experience and rendering encouragement is just something I do naturally.

Giving is a big part of my nature.

-Rio

LS is not for everybody. I don't think this website is for me at all but I'm addicted. I wish I never knew about this place to begin with. But now I can't seem to stay away. I believe in taking everything that is said here with a grain of salt. Afterall the fine print says that the ideas expressed here are opinions and not gospel or bible.

We are not speaking to counselors or therapists on here. I think it's better to talk to someone in person if you can. This place should be a last resort if you don't already have a good support system around you in the offline world.

I personally think this website is rather cultic. If you stay here too long you will become brainwashed like everybody else. I'm sowing seeds of doubt about my relationships by reading 11-13 threads and stories per day. It makes me not want to get into any relationship because the odds are I'm going to get hurt anyway.

My decision to never get married is based on alot of the stories I read in the divorce forums. So I might as well stay away from women as much as possible!

I agree that everything should be taken with a grain of salt because real life experiences takes precedent over anyone's word.

I am not sure what you mean by brainwashed. I'm not brainwashed and I believe that just about everyone else on here is not brainwashed as well.:confused:

Some ppl are just not cut out or made for marriage but don't let a few negative experiences control what you want to do. I guarantee that for every negative experience, there is about 3 or 4 positive one's that could be shared on here. Same thing with relationships. Yes, we all take that risk when entering into a relationship, but if you base your decisions on negative encounters from other peoples pasts, you will become old and bitter and regret alot that you would miss out on in life and from a relationship.

Is it addictive or is it we are all receptive to the plight of everyone who comes here with a troubled heart. How marvelous that from all over the country, all over the world that if I cry, you each have come out to offer me a

touch of compassion.

:bunny: I love LS ! As I move through the dating world and into relationships this is a great meditative outlet where I can sit with my iced tea and read away !

Thank God for LS :)

To read and give advice that "i have been there and know how you feel" You will feel better that someone has been in a similar situation and they will give you suggestion and support that it will get easier later.