ex is never alone in my dreams...why?

sick of it

sick of it

i cant think of my ex alone.

it will be a year at the end of this month since the breakup. ive thought about her everyday since then.

recently ive started to rrealize that when i think about her, or dreram about her (which has been happening more often recently), its not just her. its her and her bf. even when trying to think of her, hes there someone in the picture.

so even when trying to think of a good memory i had with her, its very difficult because some how, this new guy ends up in my head.

my dreams are even more visual. they are always together. usually cuddling. i havent seen them together. i havent seen her since september. but this is what ive been dealing with for a while and i dont know how to make it go away.

whats more interesting...and really the reason im posting, is that its some sort of psychological thing. im curious to know if anyone has insight as to why my mind insists on him being there. any psychologists out there?

From what I've experienced, I think our dreams are trying to make our subconscious accept what's going on. When my ex left, I would have these dreams where I wake up and the divorce was just a nightmare, and he was still at home in his office playing his computer games. I was so happy and thankful that it was just a nightmare, only to REALLY wake up and realize that I was actually living the nightmare. It was horrible and torturous and went on for months. Then one night, I had a dream where I introduced my ex to others as my "EX". Ever since that night, those initial dreams stopped. I dont think there's much you can do about your dreams. It's just your subconcious trying to work things out. The only thing you can do, as SOON as you wake up, push those thoughts of her out of your mind. I had a little mantra "He is my past, NOT my future", and I would actively stop thinking about him. It was really hard, especially when you first wake up, i'm still half asleep, not really sure what's going on, but when you feel that horrible gut feeling in your stomach, just focus on happier thoughts.