10 minutes

fooled

I just had 10 full minutes where I didn't think about her.

I had my first day of therapy today. I think I overwhelmed the poor guy. He's a trainee - not a PhD. I'm sure his supervisor told him beforehand that the most important thing for him to do was get me to open up.

Baby, I was open and 3/4 way around the track going 60 mph when he opened the door!!!

He said only 2 things to me: "Wow. I imagine you feel horrible about this" and "You took a step by coming here."

I still need to feel like I am better off without her. I KNOW I am, I just want to FEEL it.

slubberdegullion
I still need to feel like I am better off without her. I KNOW I am, I just want to FEEL it.

You will. All in good time.

Yeah, fooled! Glad to hear you're going to therapy. A trainee has a supervisor, so if you're not getting the help you need, ask the trainee to take {whatever the issue is} to their supervisor and get back to you.

But mostly you'll do the talking until the counselor hears enough to really know what's going on. You don't want someone who'll tell you what to do without hearing you first.

You're gonna make it. Hang in there.

• Author

My best friend, whose wife cheated on him the entire 10 years they were married, offered this to me.

He didn't know about any of them until after they filed for divorce - she came forward and told him every name - some of them he knew. This was an evil woman. She left him for a guy who was one of his friends.

My friend said he hated him after that. Hated him for years. Strong hate.

Now, he's his favorite person in the world, because if he hadn't slept with his wife, my friend never would have gotten out of the marriage and met his current wife, who he adores - adores him - and they have a great family.

He said if he saw the guy now, he'd kiss him right on the mouth and say "thank you!"