LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Coping

Why is it so easy for her

Coping Learning to deal with one's emotions and loss.

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd March 2019, 11:24 PM   #16
Established Member

If what you're saying about what she's saying on POF is true (I don't know what kind of woman who write a profile like that!), it sounds to me like she's some kind of sex addict who was not at all attracted to you and is now going full steam ahead to get all she can.
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2019, 9:20 AM   #17

Book

Thank you I will read that book.

That is not in her profile, it's just what she told me as a stranger within an hour of talking to her. Maybe she is a sex addict now, who knows. She was cold as ice with me for 20 years.
Happynsad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2019, 9:21 AM   #18
Established Member

Or maybe you weren't as "sly" in attempting to catfish her as you thought you were and she was feeding you a bunch of bs.
Wallysbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2019, 9:59 AM   #19
Established Member

Sounds like she is far from "fine".
I guess she is struggling
Is there any history of sex abuse/sex assault?
elaine567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2019, 10:39 AM   #20

Moving on

No, she had no idea it was me by the way she was talking. She literally wanted to meet that day. I stoppes talking to her once I heard too much painful details.

She seems ok. There was no abuse that I know of. I have known her 23 out of her 40 years. Well nothing besides her hotel incident last year. But she never told me about that.
Old 4th March 2019, 10:42 AM   #21
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happynsad View Post
There was no abuse that I know of. I have known her 23 out of her 40 years. Well nothing besides her hotel incident last year. But she never told me about that.
The attempted rape?

Last edited by elaine567; 4th March 2019 at 10:44 AM..
elaine567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2019, 10:47 AM   #22
Established Member

You were married a long time, are getting divorced, and you cant ask her why the whole time you were married she never wanted sex and now goes out screws 4 guys? Maybe that answered your question.
Simple Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2019, 9:25 PM   #23

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Logic View Post
You were married a long time, are getting divorced, and you cant ask her why the whole time you were married she never wanted sex and now goes out screws 4 guys? Maybe that answered your question.
You got me there. I rarely ever brought it up because it got me nowhere.

I would not ask her now. She would just say "you had your chance to be with me and it's none of your business."

My 9 year old is turning 10 on Sunday and asked that we celebrate all together for him. I can't stand the thought of spending a couple hours with her. I'm so angry at her.
Old 5th March 2019, 1:27 AM   #24
Established Member

Actually l think it's harder for women in the end.
Of course you'll get all the lines like oh, well she must've been switched off already to the marriage for years.
Well that's all just dandy then wth didn't she tell him that years ago. Get very very sick of hearing that ridiculous excuse.
Anyway l can tell you out of the 5 or 6 people in my circle l suppose you'd call it , that divorced around the same time we did, only one of the women has a real new life with some new guy, the rest have bounced all over the placed and gotten no where.
Where as all but one of the guys , are either remarried and in a whole new life , or with someone serious. So you know, take it all with a grain of salt on the surface, it's relly so much a time thing over all seeing what the real picture is in the end.

As far as your ex , why are you knowing anything about her private life anyway ? How ?
lf l was you l'd be shutting down where ever that's coming from you don't need to know her business anymore.
All you need is the parenting relationship.
l know nothing about my ex's new life or her mine and that's the way l like it , it's just better all round for you both, well if it effects you anyway.

Last edited by chillii; 5th March 2019 at 1:31 AM..
chillii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2019, 5:35 PM   #25

Moving on

Stupidly I was looking for what I found. I have to stop looking or I will never move on.
Old 6th March 2019, 12:19 AM   #26
Established Member

Quote:
Stupidly I was looking for what I found. I have to stop looking or I will never move on.
Yes. You are only torturing yourself by continuing to look for information. What you have already found should be evidence enough that you do not need her in your life. Do not give her the satisfaction of "playing family." It's not fair to them, nor to you. Forge your own healthy relationship with them. Your only contact with her should be directly related to your children, and only when absolutely necessary. Stay strong!
vla1120 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2019, 1:19 AM   #27

Family

I like the idea of not doing family things. The kids will just think there is chance we will get back together and I will just be miserable. I don't know what she hopes to get out of it other than me paying for stuff if we did things together.

When the divorce talk first came up, she said she wanted to remain close like some celebrities, still vacation together etc. I thought she was insane. I would spend all the time with our kids and she would spend the entire time on her phone looking for men.

I want zero to do with her unless it's child related.

Thank you everyone! I think I will struggle for a while but it's got to get better.
Old 6th March 2019, 2:35 AM   #28
Established Member

She's slept with 4 men in 8 months. She likes first date sex. She's also apparently out dating most nights. The math doesn't add up.

Who is minding the children while she's out dating most nights?
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2019, 9:42 AM   #29

Moving on

We have shared parenting so she has many free nighs and she asks to let the kids spend the night with me at times on her nights because she is sick or has to clean. She has lots of free time.
Old 6th March 2019, 10:35 AM   #30
Established Member

Quote:
My wife and I were married 17 years and together 23. We separated and are close to being divorced. I have not thought about dating but my wife has been on tinder and bumble and has slept with 4 men in the last 8 months, all in first dates. She is extremely sexual with men which is in complete contrast to how our marriage was. I would never want her back but this just bugs me to no end. We have kids so will always be connected but I just feel like life would be much easier if I never had to see her again. Too much pain. How can this be so easy for a woman?
I don't know but there's a saying that nothing kills a woman's sex drive like marriage. She has been lusting for other men for a long time and now she's free to explore her desires. It's that simple.
stillafool is offline   Reply With Quote