rejection

I cannot let go. So me and my ex decided not to do a ldr before she left. I was upset but not bad, I was actually handling it quite well. Once she was gone I was confident and moving on. I guess I didn't really understand what was going on at the time. Well we would call each other and she soon became distant. So I freaked out that it was really over. I didn't realized that she had moved on so quickly. Now i am so messed up. Later i found out she had cheated on me and continued contact with this person while we were still together.

Now I was fine that she had left, I figured circumstances were out of my hands. I didn't know that she was rejecting me. When I actually found out she rejected me that is when the pain set in. I should have been more aware. We had decided to do the ldr at one point and later she decided not to. I didn't take her seriously about wanting to break it off bc we decided to stay together until she left. I have realized that if you truly love someone circumstances don't matter that much. You would at least give an ldr a chance if you loved someone.

So when we decided not to do the ldr and just talk on the phone I was fine. I knew we were broken up. I knew she was 2000 miles away. I knew we weren't going to be together. When she became distant on the telephone I freaked out and she told me it was over that is when i lost it. So I think the rejection is the hardest part for me. I mean I could handle her being far away, I guess I can't handle her not having feelings for me anymore. I know this is normal. But this has happened to me with a past girlfriend too. Rejection really kills me. Is my pain a product of love, or a result of my ego being bruised?

I can't move on right now and I know that this one is going to take a long time.

Originally posted by semi

Is my pain a product of love, or a result of my ego being bruised?

My guess is it's a little of both.

Rejection always sucks and never makes a person feel good.. even worse when you still have feeings for someone and start to imagine that you somehow weren't good enough.

Time heals us all.. hang in there :)

Later i found out she had cheated on me and continued contact with this person while we were still together.

She REJECTED you. :mad: You should be rejecting her for this very reason. A cheat is not someone you want in your life. Don't think it terms of her rejecting you but that you don't want her so you have rejected her out of your life. She is not worthy of your love or respect. Think of this one thing and not of all the good things about her. It nulls every good thing you can think of so forget her and find someone who truly loves you and will be faithful to you. You deserve it....