Was fighting to save the relationship but then gaslight!

everyoneComesHereOnc

everyoneComesHereOnc

Been seeing this girl for a year. Everything was great. Past 3 months she hit a personal crisis. I could only provide support and space. It signalled the end after much trying. I believe she would have liked the relationship to work but past trauma for which she is seeking counselling resulted in the relationship ultimately being doomed.

She left me last week and instead of my usual NC I decided to try save the relationship. When we worked we did work. She sends me a few texts detailing what went wrong in her eyes - fair enough i’d be game to chat over this. It doesn’t seem to be having desired effect on me so she comes out with a story about me. It’s completely not true about a dinner we had with her sister and kids. She claims I was kicking her under table to signal to leave and said let’s go abruptly in front of rest of the family. She claims she was ashamed. This is completely false so i told her so. She then says sister and her 3 kids seen it happen. It’d be rather odd this is first time this has been mentioned even though meal was 3 weeks ago. If true it would have led to an argument.

Its clearly gaslighting so good news is i have recognised this and won’t attempt any further contact ever. It’s dissapointing to see your ex act like this and it’s not something I could have imagined her doing. Ultimately she may have bigger issues with the counselling or she’s found someone new but ultimately I can never deal with her again. To try and reframe what happened is clearly insane but she went for it!

HereAndThenGone

I understand the feeling. My ex made me crazy with the gaslighting he did to me. Constantly accusing me of things I didn’t do just to justify his behavior. It’s a manipulation tactic that’s very emotionally abusive. I would say, if there is zero truth to what she is saying and you can’t see how maybe something happened that she just took the wrong way, then run, don’t walk, from this one.

• Author
everyoneComesHereOnc

It’s sad that it’s came to this. Any reasonable person would hear me out and my version of the story.

It’s not true so it’s got to be that. It’s very scary she tried that. I know it’s not beat time for her but wow just wow.

I guess on the NC and never ever look back.