Everyone's moving on without me

donotmicrowave

donotmicrowave

Feeling a bit lost today. I guess I just want to rant, there isn't much advice to give.

I just hate missing people. It's been 3 months since I've talked to my abusive ex, and I feel so odd about it. He has not tried to reach out to me, he is moving on with his life, has a new job and is, once again, searching up girls on Instagram. I don't stalk him and I don't miss him, I'm moving on, but I've checked his social media a few times over the months. Knowing that someone erased me out of their life, after I was so loving and caring even while abused, just makes me feel unimportant and replacable.

This guy I somewhat fell for also isn't bothered by not having me in his life. He only seduced me for his own fun, I guess. Now he has other girls around him and he's having fun. He'll be moving to the country he loves with a close friend, he's happy. No need to think about me.

Friends have gone radio silent on me. And I just feel humiliated as I gave in to someone who simply thought I was an easy lay. I said no, I persisted, I threatened. Till I just gave in. I'm mad at myself and I'm mad at him, but mainly I'm just lonely.

• Author
donotmicrowave

On another note, I got myself a third guinea pig a few days ago. She was up for adoption, her previous family didn't want her anymore.

Minnie, Bonnie and now, Annie. They all get along great. Gonna take them to the countryside over the weekend so they can get jiggly on grass.

My furballs make me so very happy.

Congrats on the new furkid. That is you moving forward, BTW.

Disconnect from the EX on social media. That will be another step of you moving forward.

Tomorrow reach out for an old friend & set up a meeting to reconnect.

Also do something to make a new friend.

• Like 1
Happy Lemming

You seem to like animals, as you rescued another guinea pig. I applaud your caring and generous attitude towards your pets. Taking them on a "play date" in the countryside shows even more kindness towards these "furkids"!!

Perhaps you could volunteer at an animal rescue?? I'm sure you would make a friend or two from there and you would have something very important in common; a love for animals.

• Like 2
  • Author
donotmicrowave

Hey thank you for the suggestions, both of you!! They're very much appreciated! But yes, checking up my ex really doesn't add anything good to my life.

You seem to like animals, as you rescued another guinea pig. I applaud your caring and generous attitude towards your pets. Taking them on a "play date" in the countryside shows even more kindness towards these "furkids"!!

Perhaps you could volunteer at an animal rescue?? I'm sure you would make a friend or two from there and you would have something very important in common; a love for animals.

I really do love my pigs!! They are so very smart and precious. Me and my little sister crafted them a cake out of cucumber, lettuce and other veggies on our cousin's birthday.. Yep, they're spoiled.

I've actually been volunteering in an animal shelter - most people there are a lot older than me, which is okay, they're always happy to see me and we all have a lot of fun chatting.

Saw an ad yesterday. A young gelding, heading to a slaughter house because of no good reason. Simply an unwanted horse. I'll be heading to the slaughter house in an hour to get him, I feel really good about it. This will be the 6th horse I've rescued! After teaching and training him, I can sell him to a good owner so he will continue living a happy life. I always meet different people in stables, too. So I'm hoping I will get to know them! Perhaps this is my turning point!

Thought I'd share!!

Edited by donotmicrowave
  • Like 1

I was attracted to the title because it is what I used to feel like. It felt like everyone was moving forward and on in their lives but me. Even as early as last year, I remember driving on the road in a friends passenger seat, watching all the cars drive by and feeling like i was the only person on the planet without a life. It past. I started to think about what would make me happy and the answer was security with a healthy lifestyle. I wanted one really good job and a career where I would be valued by my knowledge and experience. I enrolled myself into school.

Being a full time student was difficult so I decided to be a part time student online so I can still work and attend to life. In a year I have only come so far but I'm a lot further then I was last year and I'm looking forward. I don't feel depressed or hurt or miss anyone as now when I check out someone's social media then it's comforting to see those people I once cared about happy. It does pass but only when you put the energy back into yourself and rebuild your life so you are on your own path in life.

• Like 1

Good for you. Better for the horse.

Do continue chatting to the other volunteers at the rescue. Sometimes older folks have younger siblings, nieces, nephews or friends' kids who they can introduce you too. When you are ready to start dating again, let them know you are open to meeting new people.

• Like 2