5 Months On — Still Heartbroken / Stuck

The_Wanderer

It's been around 5 months since my ex girlfriend broke it off with me and began dating someone else and the pain just hasn't even subsided at all.

I understand that time heals all wounds, but even after all this time it still feels fresh in my mind and dominates my mood quite a bit. The common advice people often give you are to:

A) Move on, find someone else / hang with friends

B) Work on yourself, improve your skills

C) Let time pass and you'll eventually be okay

To those who say this, I gotta admit, it hasn't worked for me. I've tried seeing other girls who are interested in me, I am actively working out (pretty skinny for a 20 year old) and I'm just trying to get by day by day.

The biggest problem I seem to have is that I still love and miss her immensely. She did not have many flaws (aside from leaving me) that bothered me and she also shared practically all my interests. I've never seen another girl that was quite as attractive and talented as her and it has since destroyed myself confidence now that she's dating a much taller, bigger, older and smarter tattoo'd guy who she's been showcasing like crazy over social media.

In any case, I just feel defeated time and time again because I am so attached to the idea of being together with this girl and the thought of her seeing just how much I've changed in a better way, but getting hit with the reality that she's in love with this other guy who goes to her university instead of me. All I know is that I'd do absolutely anything to be rid of this pain or to get her back.

Happy Lemming

Can you relocate?? Move to a new town?? Is that feasible??

Sometimes moving feels like you hit a "reset" button in your life.

New Town, New Sights, New People, New Apartment.

I've always been nomadic and when I felt stagnant, I moved.

• Like 1

Be kind to yourself, its only been 5 months.

I was left for someone else too, its just a slow process and I do believe the nature of your breakup can impact your pace of healing as well. I'm going on 9 months now and I still have my rough days. 4 months ago I was having a pretty consistent rough time as well so don't think you're abnormal or anything like that. To be honest with you, I've only just begun to really branch out and start trying new things to make me happy, we all move at our own pace and some are quicker than others.

Sounds like you haven't gone NC if you are creeping on her social media.

Do it now. Block all of it. You can't fully move on until you stop living in the past. Ignorance is bliss (or at least better) in these situations.

• Like 1