Boyfriend had a heart attack

belle_athletic

belle_athletic

I posted in the other forum about my boyfriend's heart problems that I felt he was hiding from me. Turns out I was right. He had a heart attack a couple of days ago while we were having sex. It was so horrible, he started having severe chest pains that wouldn't go away, I put my ear on his chest and heard his heart go ballistic. Luckily I managed to stop freaking out enough to call an ambulance, he went in for a quadruple bypass and is still in intensive care. I'm still not sure why this is happening to us, he's in his 30s and looks fit (in fact he's really muscular). I feel guilty in that I didn't see it coming, on hindsight there were some instances like him getting out of breath after climbing stairs, or him taking pills sneakily, I just feel that I could have done something more

You probably saved his life.

If in his 30's your BF already had a prescription for nitroglycerine, he must have had a serious condition. How he behaves given his medical state is between him & his doctor. You can't control him

Don't feel guilty, like D0nnivain said you SAVED his life by being there and calling an ambulance. He was able to get the proper medical care needed at a timely manner which is crucial.

If he is that young, having heart problems and is physically fit , it may be a genetic issue. Either way recovery and possible cardiac rehab will be key when he is released so just continue to be the loving an supportive partner that you have been. I can't stress enough that you saved his life by being there when the attack happened and were able to call an ambulance for him.

• Like 1