My house burnt down

alicia24

My life has been a living hell. My family's house burnt down. I live with my parents. THe attic fan caught on fire and it took the whole house. No one was home thank god, but we lost everything. I managed to recover a couple of pictures, but thats it. It has been a nightmare. If you guys have anything of value that you truly cherish, get a safety deposit box. I lost my yearbook, tons of pics, my parents wedding album. I am thankful that we were not hurt, but its still really hard.

ConfusedInOC

Ouch! I am sorry to hear that. I hope you had insurance.

Material things are replaced (well, most of them.) Thank God nobody was hurt.

laRubiaBonita

wow alicia! :eek:

soo sorry that this misfortune had to find you.

try to stay positive and be thankful for all that you do still have. One thing about bad things, is it Usually brings out the best in most persons, be it general kindness and sympathy or generous donations.

it will be an emotional road ahead, be prepared and have a coping system in place.

:eek: MG!

I'm so very sorry... I'm sure this has been devastating....

Thankfully no one was hurt... but I can only imagine what your going through....

Hang in there Girl... :love:

HokeyReligions

I'm sooo sorry! My sister's house burnt down years ago and they lost everything too, including all the kids baby pictures. I know how devastating it is. It matters that you are all safe, but it does not diminish the loss or the emotions.

Like someone else mentioned -- do you have a support system of people you can talk with and go to? Contact other friends and family and ask for copies of the photographs that they may have. Lots of times people will ask if there is anything they can do -- give them someting, ask them to collect as many copies of photos that they can, include things like year books, etc.

I would be devastated. Thank you for the reminder of protecting our irreplaceable belongings, I have been a bit lax about that.

You will get past this and be OK. Hug each other, often.

:eek:

I am so sorry to hear about your horrific news. Stay close, pray for healing, and keep your chin up! It will get better.

That's horrible. One apartment complex I used to live in burned down, but a few months after I moved out.

I try to remember that at the end of the ride (life) you can't take anything with you.....money, pictures, nothing---so I guess in a sense all your possessions are only with you temporarily anyway.

Sorry to hear about that, though. Maybe you could ask to borrow one of your classmates year book, just to brouse through and maybe you could try to take some new pictures. Second hand stores might help with some small things to buy for cheap.

At least banks are popular in most Western countries.....but in some countries hiding money under the bed is still most popular. I imagine a lot of the tsunami victims in Asia lost EVERYTHING---money too.

Good luck getting back on your feet.

That's horrible. One apartment complex I used to live in burned down, but a few months after I moved out.

I try to remember that at the end of the ride (life) you can't take anything with you.....money, pictures, nothing---so I guess in a sense all your possessions are only with you temporarily anyway.

Sorry to hear about that, though. Maybe you could ask to borrow one of your classmates year book, just to brouse through and maybe you could try to take some new pictures. Second hand stores might help with some small things to buy for cheap.

At least banks are popular in most Western countries.....but in some countries hiding money under the bed is still most popular. I imagine a lot of the tsunami victims in Asia lost EVERYTHING---money too.

Good luck getting back on your feet.

Originally posted by alicia24

My life has been a living hell. My family's house burnt down. I live with my parents. THe attic fan caught on fire and it took the whole house. No one was home thank god, but we lost everything. I managed to recover a couple of pictures, but thats it. It has been a nightmare. If you guys have anything of value that you truly cherish, get a safety deposit box. I lost my yearbook, tons of pics, my parents wedding album. I am thankful that we were not hurt, but its still really hard.

I feel you. My most important possessions are the pictures of my family and friends and I actually treasure them so much that I keep them in a safe so I know how much that must hurt. But hey better to have them in real life than in pictures, right?

that is so insanely horrible.

i am so sorry for your devatastion.

i know it is fortunate that you were not hurt, but that does not diminish your emotional pain and loss.

here's to you having some good luck.