Should I stay home or should I go enjoy myself?

datdarkman

Here I go....I was in a five year relationship with this woman. The first three years of the relationship were wonderful. Full of love and good times. The last two were hell. During those two years, everything just felt wrong between us. We were growing further and further apart. My family, friends, and gut were telling me that she was cheating on me, but i wouldn't believe it. I found out ,in the end, that she was. She had been sleeping around with several guys. So we broke up. She ended up moving in with a new guy and started a new relationship with him, while I was trying to pick up the pieces of my life. I really loved this woman. My whole life was built around her. So when we broke up, I felt like my life had ended.

Well that was ten months ago. From then to now, i've been struggling with trying to make sense of it all. It's been hard trying to re-find the person that I once was before we met. But I feel like the storm, that these past ten months have been, is passing on. And I've been able to come to terms with my feelings for her (still love her but don't ever want to be with her again) and that her cheating was not my fault. And that our breaking up was a good thing. Well here's my problem. There's a event coming up at the end of Feb. that she and I used to go to every year while we were together. It's a yearly thing and it lasts for about a week. Well, I want to go to this event, but i have been told, by some mutual friends of ours,that she will be attending this event with her current beau. Part of me wants to go just to show her that my life didn't end after we broke up and that I can enjoy myself without her. But the other part of me feels like just seeing her will take my heart back to a place that I don't want to go. I haven't seen or talked to her since we broke up. But I know that eventually I will run into her. So I'm debating on whether or not to go to this event. Maybe I need some more time. I don't know. If anyone can help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm a strong believer in NC. If you had a big event planned with your friends and THAN you found out she was coming, maybe I would have said you should go. You have nothing to prove to anybody. It's your own peace of mind at stake.

Unless you want to prove to yourself you trully are over her and feel like testing it, I say grab a beer and stay at home.

Do you want to see her? Do you feel like confronting her? What for? Who cares if she's there and whom she's with? Would you go there if you didn't know she was coming?