Should I seperate?

jermo1

I'm so confused. I met with my shrink this morning. My wife is threatening seperation. We've been married a little over a year and she has let out the inner control freak side of her. She gets violent with me. I think I still love her, but I can't live like this much longer. We started couples counseling and she appears to be a different person when we are there. What should I do? Any suggestions?

Originally posted by jermo1

I'm so confused. I met with my shrink this morning. My wife is threatening seperation. We've been married a little over a year and she has let out the inner control freak side of her. She gets violent with me. I think I still love her, but I can't live like this much longer. We started couples counseling and she appears to be a different person when we are there. What should I do? Any suggestions?

Damn!

Married just over a year..

Well.. honestly, I couldn't and wouldn't be about someone being violent with me.. I've been there and done that, as well as lived with a controlling individual.. it's not a nice place to be.

You said your wife appears to be a different person when the 2 of you are in counseling.. so does that mean she behaves differently when she isn't with the Doc?

In so many ways, it seems that you already know what the answer is here.. IF you believe your wife is putting on an Act for the Doc and STILL behaving in a way that makes you feel badly or even fearful.. then yeah IMO you need to seperate until or unless your wife can get her behaviour under control.

Good Luck