Broke NC after 2 months.

justinje

I was solid for two straight months, first breakup where I can say that, was doing good, had deleted her from all my social media when the break up happened, we were LDR so didn't see her. Got back to the gym, traveled a lot, saw friends, got involved in new stuff. I was feeling better, not happy but better.

We were in a LDR and I broke down and looked at her Instagram today, saw pics of where I live, turns out she spent 5 days in my city (she already had a plane ticket because she had bought it to spend thanksgiving with me and my family). She never told me she was coming into town, or apparently didn't think of me when she was here to send me a message just saying how she remembered the times we had. Nothing. That upset me. Sent a simple, "Question, were you in ____ this past weekend?" - first thing I sent since breakup. An hour later got back, "Yep."

She wanted me to keep the app because she said she wanted to be able to stay in touch. But nothing, that answer was more painful than no answer almost. I feel set back. I want to delete the app, but then I feel like that sends the message I'm pissed and don't give a crap, but in reality I'm just trying to get over it and move on and eventually wouldn't mind hearing how things are going with her. We talked all the time, everyday, about everything, and now I have no idea whats been going on with her the last 2 months.

The prospect of NEVER talking to her again, just makes my chest tighten.

• Like 1

I feel for you, but that is why NC exists. Rarely will the communication be anything positive. She did end the relationship, so an expectation that she would still contact you is unrealistic. Perhaps you should delete the app. Who gives a rip what she may or may not think if you delete it. This is about you moving on with your life. She knows where you live. If she truly wants to contact you in this online connected society, she will.

Confusioncreepsin

You may still having feelings for her, but she certainly does not have them for you. You question probably came across a little stalkerish, knowing that you probably saw the photos WHICH WERE PROBABLY PUT ON THERE FOR YOU TO SEE. Think about that. She may have wanted to hurt you by showing how cold she can be not contacting you when she was there. What would have happened if you never said a word? You would have not lost control waiting for her YEP.

I know its hard, I know it hurt deeply, but this feeling now should be that hidden hope you were harboring to be squashed completely so you can move on. Do not allow her the option to communicate anymore and remove the app. Her actions told you that you are no longer a primary concern anymore (sorry, but hard truth). Vow to NEVER let her have an opportunity to hurt you again. Take back the control and move forward.