platonic holiday love

susanne5

Hello all,

First of all I know this will be a stupid story and I had no idea where to post it, but I just need to get it out of me and hear some opinions.

What happened to me, few days ago I came back from vacation with my friend. I met a guy at a bar that was very close to our hotel , he was working there as a guy standing outside trying to get the peple in, working only in the evening hours. We went there almost every night for some drinks. We met him basically the first day and told him we will stop by, he was very charming, not forcing people in, he was really good at it, he made a lot of people to come in.

First nights he just asked us where we are from, you know just small talk, but he always stopped by our table and spoke with us a bit. At first I just considered him as a nice guy, but as he continued to stop by our table more and more each night and talk more I started to like him a little bit. I didnt fall in love I just liked when he was around. When he finished his job he went home. On wednesday night, when he saw us coming in from the hotel, he went halfway to us and gave us kisses on cheeks. He sat with us after he finished for some time and had a beer with us and again we talked and talked and then he left. Then we saw him on friday night, our last night and he was like heey I didnt see you in two days I felt bad. We sat that night by the table right next to the street so we were talking even we he was technically still working. I also gave him a hat, same one as I bought for myself because he loved it. He looked very happy when I gave it to him. I told him to not lose it so he wont forget me and he said he will never forget me. He really loved it. He was winking at me that night as well and I think flirting with me a bit as well.

We were leaving on saturday but only in late afternoon hours so he promised he will stop by as well and say goodbye. On that friday night he also asked me if I am on facebook and I gave him my phone to find his account and he sent the friend request to himself from my account. My friend left after midnight because she did not feel well, so it was just me and him, we stayed until 3 am talking about life, work, he even told me I should stay there and find a job and I had such a great time, having fun. He was saying all those nice things to me how beautiful and gorgeous I am, and that hes gonna miss me very much, but he didnt try to make me go with him somewhere and just have sex. He was actually saying that I should go because I have had a lot of drinks and I am flying home tomorrow and I said I do not want to go. He asked me how is that possible that I do not have any boyfriend etc. He also asked me if I find him attractive , I said yes and he looked into my eyes and said : you want to make love with me. Wasnt a question , it was a statement and I said I dont know, probably not a good idea, but I hugged him and said I will miss him and that I dont wanna go home and he told me hes gonna miss me too and that its alright and then we kissed, but just a small kiss, we didnt make out, I knew its not a good idea to get attached, he is also older than me, I am 24, hes 37, hes living in a different country etc. Then he said we cant kiss here because we were still at the outside bar, and they were closing so he didnt want his coworkes to see us probably and he said we should go someplace else. I said okay but Im gonna buy 2 more beers , he said hes gonna wait outside. I went inside, bought beers, went out and he wasnt there. I felt like s*** and was walking around trying to find him, I even went into my room in case he is crazy and went there, because he asked me before which room is ours. He wasnt there either so I went outisde again but of course by that time if he left he would be gone completely and I wouldnt find him.

I texted him on FB where he was but he still didnt accept my request so I went to my room. The next day I woke up, we had to leave our room so we went to the bar again waiting for our bus to arrive and all the time I believed hes gonna show up as he promised. Until the last minute I believed. He did not show up. Then it all hit me and I felt so sad and betrayed and even shed a tear. I felt so stupid and when I got back home I texted him again asking why he disappeared like that and did not show up, but I still do not have any reply, he still did not accept my friend request but he was online in the meantime. The FB messages went probably into the Other messages box which you cant find on your FB mobile app and hes using only phone but I know he was online in the meantime, he has some posts shared publicly.

I barely know this guy and I know its not love, I know we would never been together, it just made me feel so empty and worthless and it actually hurt me because he seemed like he meant everything he said and he was the one asking if im on FB and wanted to be in touch and now hes just ignoring me. I found some of his pictures with some girl that I think we saw with him one day on the beach but they did not look like a couple. On some of the pictures I saw on FB , they actually look like a couple a little bit, so the only thing I could think of is that he actually has a GF and did not tell me. He showed me some pics on friday night and I think it was the same girl but he said its his neighbour.

I just feel so stupid that this actually bothers me but I hate it. I always get played, its not the first time and after my last unrequited love that technically still lasts somewhere deep in my heart I am more careful. Its been quite a long time since I felt so sad, I dont tend to believe what guys tell me, I know it could be just a game , but with this one what hurst the most is not having that explanation. I wouldnt text him everyday, I would probably forget him in a month, but now it haunts me what did I do that he is ingoring me now. He can easily tell me that he has a GF , I would take it just fine, I really do not even want to be with him, I just wanted to hug him last time and say goodbye but he did not show up and I felt stood up and it feels very bad, I hate when I do not know the answers I want, I am now always thinking what was going on in his head or what went wrong.

Again I know its stupid, I just want to hear some opinions.

He wanted sex and you didn't so he left. He sounds like an absolute wanker that is probably at the same thing different girl every weekend.

Never contact him again. Ever.

• Like 1