Been lied to so often by him, I've become paranoid

SerCay

Have any of you been in a relationship in which your partner lied so much or kept information from you so much that you've become paranoid later on?

Whenever I speak to my ex nowadays, I don't believe a word he says. And then I get angry with him because I honestly believe he has just fed me a lie again...

Not really because after the 1st few lies I would simply never talk to them again. If I ran into them I certainly wouldn't trust anything they had to say but since they were out of my life it wouldn't matter all that much.

• Like 2

It's never happened to me because after I got divorced I told every man I dated, quite early on, that I would not accept lies. I told them that lying was a deal-breaker.

Two of them lied about silly things and I dumped both of them. I felt that if I couldn't trust them to be honest about small things how could I trust them over big things?

I've never seen or spoken to them since, so now they are probably lying to someone else....:rolleyes:

• Like 2
Have any of you been in a relationship in which your partner lied so much or kept information from you so much that you've become paranoid later on?

Whenever I speak to my ex nowadays, I don't believe a word he says. And then I get angry with him because I honestly believe he has just fed me a lie again...

Well, one of the reasons that I don't speak to my ex and am not interested in a friendship is because I don't trust him. I wouldn't recommend investing a lot in someone you can't trust.

I have zero contact with an ex regardless if he lied or not.

I don't want my current boyfriend uncomfortable with me having contact with an ex. It isn't a positive in my relationship.

The exception for contact would be if there were minor children involved. Then 'if' he lied, I would just have my radar on high.