Is it worth contacting to say leave me alone

learning_slowly

learning_slowly

I went NC and had mostly forgotten my ex. But the other week they looked my LinkedIn. They know it leaves a notification, as we used to do it with each other before.

I'll never end up with her, as she slept with somebody else, which was a step too far in my eyes. Even if she wanted to get back, I could no longer trust her. However I understand why she did and apart from that she was a good person.

She chose not to be with me which was her choice, so why try these head-games. I can do without her interfering in anyway in my life from now on.

I looked at her LinkedIn in reply, which I think was a mistake.

So now, do I ask her nicely to please leave me alone, or do I just ignore it and hope she doesn't do it again?

I don't think you can block on LinkedIn?

• Like 1

If all she did was look at your Linked In profile, leave it be. She's probably just missing what she lost.

After one break up I would occasionally look at my EX's picture on his company's website. It's not like I didn't own photos of him. It was just something to do. I'd read the updates about him; he was pretty high profile.

If she isn't making contact, don't even acknowledge that you know she looked

• Like 2

You can certainly block on linkedin and make you public profile visible only to your connections. My ex blocked me on linkedin and then went to create another new account .. something fishy going on there.. :D

To block, you have to change your privacy setting so she can't see ypu viewing her. Then go to her profile.. Top right corner drop down menu is the block feature.

• Like 1
  • Author
learning_slowly

Thanks for the blocking info, I'll look into it ASAP.

As for not contacting her, you're probably right. But would it help her forget about me if I let her know there was no chance. It can't be good for her current relationship to be thinking about me?

As I said often, moving on is a choice. You can't wash away someone's hope unless they give up hope freely.

• Like 1
  • Author
learning_slowly

Yes, I think you're right. I just fell in to the trap of clinging on to the dead relationship for a while! She's no longer my problem. Just hard to stop caring about them sometimes.

But this time, I think logic has prevailed :)

• Like 1

You say it best, when you say nothing at all.

Never waste your words on those people in your life who only deserve your silence. Because sometimes, the greatest show of strength is to say nothing at all.

• Like 2
You say it best, when you say nothing at all.

Never waste your words on those people in your life who only deserve your silence. Because sometimes, the greatest show of strength is to say nothing at all.

The more you say, the more energy you put into the other person. The goal is to put your energy elsewhere.

• Like 2
  • Author
learning_slowly
You can certainly block on linkedin and make you public profile visible only to your connections. My ex blocked me on linkedin and then went to create another new account .. something fishy going on there.. :D

To block, you have to change your privacy setting so she can't see ypu viewing her. Then go to her profile.. Top right corner drop down menu is the block feature.

Thanks, I did it.

Easy when you know how. :)

organizedchaos
I went NC and had mostly forgotten my ex. But the other week they looked my LinkedIn. They know it leaves a notification, as we used to do it with each other before.

I'll never end up with her, as she slept with somebody else, which was a step too far in my eyes. Even if she wanted to get back, I could no longer trust her. However I understand why she did and apart from that she was a good person.

She chose not to be with me which was her choice, so why try these head-games. I can do without her interfering in anyway in my life from now on.

I looked at her LinkedIn in reply, which I think was a mistake.

So now, do I ask her nicely to please leave me alone, or do I just ignore it and hope she doesn't do it again?

I don't think you can block on LinkedIn?

Member Blocking - Overview | LinkedIn Help Center