1 Month Post Break-Up & Here I Am. (Vent)

bubblesbursted

bubblesbursted

Just a vent

So exactly a month back , my ex dumped me. Left me. I really don't think details are important anymore. I have had ups and downs. And , the downs have lessened with time :)

When I am having an up day (which is getting more frequent now) I am happiest. I haven't been this happy when I was in relationship. Which is strange, since I was with my ex for almost 3 years. I have been 100% NC with him post one week of D Day.

So what have I been doing in all these days?

I changed my schedules. Since my Uni was off (another set back) I had a heck lot of time to myself. First 2 weeks were the hardest. Days where I didn't want to get out of my bed. Days where I just wanted to stay in bed and cry my heart out. I listened to people on LS and they told me to change my schedules , do something I never did. So thats what I did.

So, I changed my schedules. I wake up not thinking of him anymore. I am actively looking for jobs , reading a hell lot of books , surfing LS , writing , talking to my friends and going out at any opportunity I get. This has been helping me to keep my mind of my ex.

I did some absurd things though , got a piercing :lmao: something he never approved of, something I always wanted! It feels amazing. I am free. I can do whatever I want. Because the right person who is out for me is still waiting for me. I have been working out regularly. I do that whenever I feel I would start thinking of him, it takes my mind off him.

My friends who I met yesterday , said I was glowing for some reason and asked me if I was in love. Well heck no , but I do love myself now, something which I never did when I was with him. I appreciate myself.

So the new dumpers, Just an advice to you. Please keep NC , it will give you time to think over your relationship. Think about how it wasn't something meant to be. And please listen to the advice people give you here. I wont say I have moved on, I haven't. But I do know now that its over and I am loving my life.

PS : The other night I had a dream he came back to me begging me to take him back and I slammed the door on his face and I didn't feel sad about it in the dream. Which is good I guess?

• Like 1
Just a vent

So exactly a month back , my ex dumped me. Left me. I really don't think details are important anymore. I have had ups and downs. And , the downs have lessened with time :)

When I am having an up day (which is getting more frequent now) I am happiest. I haven't been this happy when I was in relationship. Which is strange, since I was with my ex for almost 3 years. I have been 100% NC with him post one week of D Day.

So what have I been doing in all these days?

I changed my schedules. Since my Uni was off (another set back) I had a heck lot of time to myself. First 2 weeks were the hardest. Days where I didn't want to get out of my bed. Days where I just wanted to stay in bed and cry my heart out. I listened to people on LS and they told me to change my schedules , do something I never did. So thats what I did.

So, I changed my schedules. I wake up not thinking of him anymore. I am actively looking for jobs , reading a hell lot of books , surfing LS , writing , talking to my friends and going out at any opportunity I get. This has been helping me to keep my mind of my ex.

I did some absurd things though , got a piercing :lmao: something he never approved of, something I always wanted! It feels amazing. I am free. I can do whatever I want. Because the right person who is out for me is still waiting for me. I have been working out regularly. I do that whenever I feel I would start thinking of him, it takes my mind off him.

My friends who I met yesterday , said I was glowing for some reason and asked me if I was in love. Well heck no , but I do love myself now, something which I never did when I was with him. I appreciate myself.

So the new dumpers, Just an advice to you. Please keep NC , it will give you time to think over your relationship. Think about how it wasn't something meant to be. And please listen to the advice people give you here. I wont say I have moved on, I haven't. But I do know now that its over and I am loving my life.

PS : The other night I had a dream he came back to me begging me to take him back and I slammed the door on his face and I didn't feel sad about it in the dream. Which is good I guess?

Such great progress for one month! I admire your strength to keep NC because I am two months post break-up and am no where near as happy as i'd liked to be probably due to the fact I am not NC.

Strange that you said you got a new piercing - I also did the same thing a week ago haha, just to do something different.

I hope in another month that all your days are up's and any down days are not to do with the ex.

:love:

forgetmenot75

that's all good. Just be aware one month is not enough to heal, and you'll probably have bad days as well.

I'm 1 month no contact and I feel crappy today. Just realizing the kind of person he was and how he fooled me makes me angry and desperate. I'm positive in another month I'll feel better though.

• Like 1
  • Author
bubblesbursted
that's all good. Just be aware one month is not enough to heal, and you'll probably have bad days as well.

I'm 1 month no contact and I feel crappy today. Just realizing the kind of person he was and how he fooled me makes me angry and desperate. I'm positive in another month I'll feel better though.

I do have my downs but the frequency has decreased :) , of course downs will be here. I am not 100% healed but I will soon.

Thats the spirit! We all shall feel better soon enough :)

Wow, that is amazing super fast progress , well done! I am about 1.5 months post breakup and still going through absolute hell. But NC has only been a couple of weeks which may have something to do with it. I am inspired by your post and hope that will be me soon.