"Ex-Free" one day challenge?

AnyaNova

I don't know if this is even possible. It is a wild idea that I got from Joel Barish's birthday thread. But knowing that afterwards we could go back to all of the feelings, all of the reality, all of the combined crud and what is good about our current situations... Could we at least all try to take, when we can, one "ex free day" where we don't allow our moods, feelings etc. to be dictated by our exes and our situations. Where we don't think of them, where we just enjoy ourselves and remember what our lives were like (just fine thank you very much) before we met them? Just so we could test the waters and see what it was like?

• Like 3
  • Author

I don't know. I was almost thinking originally anyone who wanted to do so, we could all just do it individually. And that should be an option to. But maybe, it might be fun to plan a day, like in a week or so, where a bunch of us, go off and try this and then come back and report how it went. Even if we all do end up thinking about our exes at some points during the day, I bet we have a much more positive day than we "usually" would.

So question here.....how do we do it? I don't know about you but I try having an ex-free day everyday and I am not too successful.

• Like 1
  • Author

I think, for it to work, we would have to not try too hard every other day around it. Do our best as usual. And then the morning of the actual day, perhaps we all just mentally agree that we will lay aside everything we are struggling with for one day, knowing that it is all there for us to pick back up again tomorrow, as we probably need to. Perhaps, knowing that we can and will pick it all back up later will allow us to experiment more freely and fully with not having it around for that one day. And if we find our minds wanting to "pick it all back up" then maybe we picture it as a heavy load, that we just mentally remind ourselves to and picture ourselves putting down again. And then, maybe we will see what a day looks like when we aren't mired in this hole and trying to get over everything. What our "new normal" will look like.

• Like 1