Is he just grieving, or is it us?

CDMarie89

Ex boyfriends dad died yesterday, and he hasn't responded to any of my texts or calls, which has not been many at all. We weren't talking much as of late, but we talked the night before and off and on over the past month and a half. He didnt even tell me about it, I found out via his cousin on IG, fairly early, so he may have just found out when i texted/called him. Is this just him grieving, even though he posted a pic if his dad on IG and has replied to 2 of the ppl sending their condolences under the pic, or does he not want me around since we're not together right now and haven't really been talking?

A little background...we've known each other since the 2nd grade. Were together for 2 1/2 years. Went on break at the end of January (read: did my panicking ruin my relationship for good?) have come a long way since that post. Not on the best terms, but not on bad terms. Really care about him and love him and I think it's somewhat mutual, but I put a really bad taste in his mouth with post break up behavior.

Want to be there for him through this, but don't know if he is just shutting down like he does in hectic situations, or if this is specific to our situation.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
More info.
hoping2heal

To be honest,

I think the fact that he didn't tell you is an indicator of how close he doesn't feel the two of you are. You're offering him the shoulder to lean on but he doesn't want it from you. I realize you love him and care a great deal for him but if the feeling was mutual, you'd be included especially at this very delicate time. Yes he's grieving, and he's going to reach out to the people he feels closest too. Let him be and give him his room.