Running Into Ex / Seeing in the Future.

fiftyofsomethin

fiftyofsomethin

Hey guys.

So yesterday was the day of my prom and it actually went really great! I had an awesome time, had a hot date (every girl in my group was jealous AF and they told me that after she left, even my ex apparently because we have some mutual friends who told me), and I had a great time after prom UNTIL.... we went to this place for breakfast and after we were done, who shows up but my ex's prom group!

And to show how unlikely this was of happening, the restaurant is 45 mins away and we specifically went there because we thought that there wouldn’t be kids from school there.

Well ****. I would’ve been okay if I actually tried to say hi, but instead I just ignored them, which will only add to the awkwardness between us.

I aid hi at the actual prom when I was getting refreshments and she said hi back, but still. I don't want to keep things awkward between us. I know thinking about it is only making it this way. If I never thought it was awkward I would have been fine.

It's not so much as I want her to be friendly, I want to have my mind clear of her and know that I did all I could. I don't want to run into her in the future and have things be bad then.

Anyways, I was actually/am still doing alright for the most part because I have been getting better at visualizing a really happy/bright future for myself. And the problem is I spend so much damn time thinking about her life and what she is doing that I don't give myself time to focus on mine. I don't know why I worry so much! I have an awesome potential gf and I have awesome friends, I am going to an awesome college next year... and she isn't even that special. It's like I only like the idea of having a girlfriend (I mean prom for example is really more fun for couples). But I don't know what to do about it.

On one hand I want to be able to be independently happy so I don't rely on outside circumstance/other people to be happy, but I still want to be able to have the "perks" of a girlfriend. (someone to always spend time with and not be bored, to "have fun", to have someone to talk to/text whenever, etc.)

Any advice at all, even if it's barely applicable, is appreciated!

Thanks as always guys! You are seriously the best!

• Like 1