Dreams about Ex almost nightly

mammasita

mammasita

I keep having dreams about the ex.

I don't wake up sad per se, but I'm obviously still thinking about him at a concious level - which I can nip in the bud, and at a subconcious level - which I can't help.

It's annoying.

CompleteFailure

Yea, I think the problem is during the waking day your background noise is fixed thinking of him/you guys. Maybe try some meditation to clear your mind and help you focus your thoughts?

Sometimes I want to dream about them because sometimes the dreams are better than reality. Also, is it possible the reason you see them in your dreams is because they are thinking about you too? Maybe your brainwaves are somehow in sync across miles and miles of distance.

Christ this happened to me lastnight.

I have dreams about her probably once or twice a week. They feel so real and vivid and I'm all happy then I wake up and feel disappointed that it was a dream.

I don't think it means anything. It just means she's on my mind way too effing much.

• Like 3

I think I'm dreaming about my ex too. The first dream I wrote down about witnessing a battle at sea, where both the submarine and the battleship were sunk.

The second dream was about hunting and killing monsters; it was very hard to immediately recognize them because they looked like ordinary people.

The third dream was about a vampire who was out to get me; luckily, he could be stopped by a locked door, although he stood watching on the other side, waiting to attack at first opportunity.

Oh, and one more dream that really had the ex in it, starring as himself: I entered his home, where he was deep in conversation with someone else. He ignored me completely. I left. But I felt lousy.

Smokemirrors

I have this too. Repeatedly. It's frustrating as I wake up thinking that breaking up was a dream. But it's not. It's real. I might try hypnosis.

I had a sex dream about my ex last night...weird thing..in real life, we barely had sex once lol

fallenheart

Mine never went away. I still have them about an ex I haven't seen in 11 years.

And of course the girl that left me a year and a half ago.

Just the other night I had one about the worst one, the one that got away, the only girl I ever REALLY loved. Haven't seen or spoken to her in almost 7 years, but there she is my dreams, haunting me like it was yesterday.

portableversion

I had another dream of my ex aswell that makes 2 this week but these last 2 were of us being divorced this last one iwas just home watching the kids and when she got back I went to my place and in my dream I was getting back home I got out of my car and stood there staring at the sky not happy I had to leave and not happy I was divorced.

Its a lot better than having dreams of us together like we never divorced, still stunk though, just proof ive been severely traumatized by my divorce, I probably have ptsd

I had a dream lastnight that we were on this house boat with her parents. Her father fell into the water and started drowning. I jumped in and saved him. She then said to me something along the lines of "you're a true hero".

Like, wtf? I'm actually laughing right now at how ridiculous it was.

Also, her "father" in this dream wasn't even her real father, but Jack Lemmon. So weird....

Edited by crederer
more info.

had a dream of my ex last week he was teary eyed talking to me but the conversation wasn't about the break up. i feel his pain but he never admit that he's so much affected about the break up. he even followed me running in my dreams. i am the dumpee.

5 months BU, 4 months NC.