How do you cope with being discarded and 'black painted'???

Discarded2013

Discarded2013

How do you cope?

I'm on 3 weeks of NC and it's killing me how someone who says they love you can do that to you?

Idolize, devalue and discarded

• Author
Discarded2013

Um 10yr history, didnt work out 1st time round, age dif, jealously etc

Got in touch 3yr ago again, he worked mega hard to get me back. Said i've always been 'the one' always loved me etc, blah blah

Everything going ok I thought, he got a new job, and within 2 weeks of that new job. I was dumped, told to 'let go' and his new job is his 'other half' now

So the last yr of half of been told im the one, he loves me so much blah blah. Meant nothing, and how he walked away SO easy, kills me

NoMagicBullet

It didn't work out the 1st time, but who dumped who? If you were the dumper, I could see it being a little easier for him to walk away this time.

Anyway, NC isn't about you or whether or not they love you. Odds are, he still has feelings for you, and going NC gives both you and him the space you need to heal and move on. NC is not easy! It only seems that way because painful, self-imposed silence to get over someone and silence due to indifference looks the same from the outside. You can't really assume you never meant anything to him, if he worked so hard to get you back in his life.