I'm strong just needs a little push..

Sli31

Ex dumped me after four months and the reason was that we were too different and he just doesn't see a future with me. I know this might sound crazy but I met him in a very strange way. We met from his sister who out of no where asked me if I would like to go to Hawaii with her brother because he needed a vacation and was looking for someone other than his friends to go with. First I thought was completely crazy however, hey, I'm single why not. We exchanged numbers and we started to text each other over text. A month later, all I remember was meeting him at the airport. Both not knowing each other except for the text msgs. Crazy but I'm completely outgoing but he's kind if shy and doesn't talk to much. However, we started just hitting it off. We had a blast in Hawaii getting to know each other and doing fun things. He even had the same birthdate as me. So he's exactly 4 years older than me.

As we got out of our fairytale, we eventually ended up still talking after the vacation and everything seemed so right. We were very different yes but I thought that's why we attracted each other so much. Eventually we started dating, he would seem like the perfect boyfriend, we hardly ever fight and when we are together we were like a team, we got along, we were each others best friend.

We had a small fight and he just ignored me the whole day. He all of a sudden decided that we were too different and he didn't see me in his future. In all honesty, I have no idea where that came from. It was so out of the blue. I've tried to talk and work it out with him for the last week and yesterday, he just said his answer was final- that we are better off apart.

Today is the second week since we broke up. Although I tried to talk and work it out, yesterday was the day I knew that all hope was lost and my fairy tale was coming to an end. It's hard to get a grasp on it but everything seemed to right. I trusted him and I thought we had the best relationship that anyone can possibly have.. I really thought that he would've tried a little harder and not give us up so easily. He said he still had feelings and he was happy but he can't help that he feels we will not work out. I'm so lost, so confused. I have no idea what happened and I will never really know why. I treated him with loyalty, honesty, and respect. I just simply don't know what happened..

I'm numb right now and I'm so lost. I can hardly eat, sleep or even focus on anything. My heart feels like it shattered in a million pieces and I can't seem to pick myself up. It's just crazy because every seemed so right.. Since the day we met how we met and how well we got along.. How can I just forget him and how can I just give up on something that feels so right?

Edited by Sli31

Sometimes people behave in ways that we don't understand, and it hurts if that behaviour means the end of a relationship we thought was great. He doesn't want to continue in the relationship for his own reasons, so all you can do now is accept that and grieve the loss. I'm sorry you're hurting. It will get better and you'll meet someone else when the time is right. In the meantime nurture yourself and spend time with your friends and people who love you. Talk it out, exercise, try something new, and do things that make you feel good. And if you're feeling completely shattered, just allow yourself some time to wallow in that and give yourself permission to stay in bed or watch DVDs all day or whatever you need to do to get past this yucky bit. But don't stay there too long, maybe a day or two, then grab your best friend and go out and do something fun. You will get better, and one day you'll see this situation more clearly and be grateful that it's over because you'll meet someone who's able to be with you 100%. That's worth holding out for!

• Like 1
todreaminblue
Ex dumped me after four months and the reason was that we were too different and he just doesn't see a future with me. I know this might sound crazy but I met him in a very strange way. We met from his sister who out of no where asked me if I would like to go to Hawaii with her brother because he needed a vacation and was looking for someone other than his friends to go with. First I thought was completely crazy however, hey, I'm single why not. We exchanged numbers and we started to text each other over text. A month later, all I remember was meeting him at the airport. Both not knowing each other except for the text msgs. Crazy but I'm completely outgoing but he's kind if shy and doesn't talk to much. However, we started just hitting it off. We had a blast in Hawaii getting to know each other and doing fun things. He even had the same birthdate as me. So he's exactly 4 years older than me.

As we got out of our fairytale, we eventually ended up still talking after the vacation and everything seemed so right. We were very different yes but I thought that's why we attracted each other so much. Eventually we started dating, he would seem like the perfect boyfriend, we hardly ever fight and when we are together we were like a team, we got along, we were each others best friend.

We had a small fight and he just ignored me the whole day. He all of a sudden decided that we were too different and he didn't see me in his future. In all honesty, I have no idea where that came from. It was so out of the blue. I've tried to talk and work it out with him for the last week and yesterday, he just said his answer was final- that we are better off apart.

Today is the second week since we broke up. Although I tried to talk and work it out, yesterday was the day I knew that all hope was lost and my fairy tale was coming to an end. It's hard to get a grasp on it but everything seemed to right. I trusted him and I thought we had the best relationship that anyone can possibly have.. I really thought that he would've tried a little harder and not give us up so easily. He said he still had feelings and he was happy but he can't help that he feels we will not work out. I'm so lost, so confused. I have no idea what happened and I will never really know why. I treated him with loyalty, honesty, and respect. I just simply don't know what happened..

I'm numb right now and I'm so lost. I can hardly eat, sleep or even focus on anything. My heart feels like it shattered in a million pieces and I can't seem to pick myself up. It's just crazy because every seemed so right.. Since the day we met how we met and how well we got along.. How can I just forget him and how can I just give up on something that feels so right?

Sarah bee gave you some great little incentives to try, exercising...is great......i am doing that one.....well not today injured....but next year i am going to go in a triathlon may take me twelve months to get to that level.....and if i am single....i am throwing myself in the ocean leg and i am going to keep swimming and not come back...im kidding...look im really missing the guy i fell for, not my ex actually, i think about someone new constantly his heart was taken.....sad for me......i am in no contact he started it ...hate it....kills me

this isnt the same as your situation.......but ill tell you now what is relevant.......i broke up with my ex nearly six years ago didnt think i would ever fall for someone else...in a way my ex, he owned me because i allowed myself to be owned.. by someone......i did and have gotten over what i felt for my ex.....this could have been partly due to the fact that i developed feelings for someone else...a single but unavailable guy........lol....which really sux....i have to laugh about it.....i have already shed tears, walked for hours upon hours upon hours......done the dvd days stay in bed days.....and just in the end i let myself feel what my heart wants to feel, when i am sad i let my self feel that sadness.....and realize it is just an emotion....i have gone through worse..... i keep trying i dont give up i forgive myself for my ups and downs....and try to find my center....i pray and i meditate I daydream.......and maybe next time i develop feelings for someone they might have feelings for me too.........for now....im just taking it easy on myself.....i am not going to deny what i feel.....to myself anyway..i just wont chase a glorious dream..one day.......that dream will come to me.....You will find someone else i dont want to hear that either at the moment.....but i know theres a plan for everyone.......and that isnt a plan of being alone....i know it sux when you think a guy is someone that you want in your life and need in your life ....doesnt turn out to want to be in your life...i am with you in the broken heart department......we live to learn.next time could be the one for you ....and maybe even for me i might get there too........deb

Edited by todreaminblue
baaaaaab(lol this was meant to have d on the end) speeeelling