It's happening again...

Indy C

For those that dont know, me and my gf split up about 3 and a half months ago after being together for 4 years, and she left me for my best friend. I have since blocked both of them from facebook and not responded to any of their tx messages in the past few weeks. I was living in Atlanta and moved down to Savannah so we could be back together and when we split up I moved back to Atlanta to live with my family. Well recently me and my dad came back down to Savannah to help move my grandmother and since i passed our old place my anxiety level sky rocketed and it's not getting better...Why is it every time i get close to moving on something else has to drag me back! I can't stand this :(

For those that dont know, me and my gf split up about 3 and a half months ago after being together for 4 years, and she left me for my best friend. I have since blocked both of them from facebook and not responded to any of their tx messages in the past few weeks. I was living in Atlanta and moved down to Savannah so we could be back together and when we split up I moved back to Atlanta to live with my family. Well recently me and my dad came back down to Savannah to help move my grandmother and since i passed our old place my anxiety level sky rocketed and it's not getting better...Why is it every time i get close to moving on something else has to drag me back! I can't stand this :(

aww hun am so sorry you just have to be strong what they did was not cool wow and dont respond to any of their texts ever just be strong and brave you will get thur this just leave them to time

• Like 1

Some best friend....well, now you at least know who your real friends are (or are not).

People like this are the scummiest people on earth. My friend (not my best friend, but a friend) is currently sleeping with my ex, and I'm almost certain my ex cheated on me for him at least once. People like that aren't worth your time, and trust me, I'm not superstitious at all but karma is a real thing. Everything comes around full circle.

I slept with a girl twice last year that I KNEW had a boyfriend. He found out (he's a Division I offensive lineman AKA scary dude), and I thought he was going to kick my ass. He didn't, and I kinda thought I was a BA for the entire thing. Well, a year later I got it a lot worse. Trust me, retribution will be yours.

You're doing the right thing by completely removing those 2 from your life. You're above all that BS, man.

not-a-drive-by

I have been told by my friend that you will go through cycles/phases while moving on. Some days you will feel on top of the hill and the next you might be rolling down. I guess just try to stay strong. You will feel better tomorrow, and if not, the next day and so on. That's what happens with me.

Great things never come easy. Hang on.

I hear you bro, you're in good company....now lets hear it from Al: ;) [click the lines below]

And, its good that at least even if its kinda tough for you to go back, you're still going to help out with family over there...Now lets hear what Brando, one of toughest guys around, has to say about that...

:cool:

Look, it will take some time to get over the whole thing, I guess...especially in your case, geez...4 years down the draino and with your best friend at that??!? I'd

for that...Of course, you can also just introduce them both to Tony Montana with this classic:

:rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Author

Haha Yorick that was awesome I needed that. I think the biggest reason why i had a spazz attack was me and my dad were headed to the movies that night to go see the new James Bond but the only theater that was playing it was the one that her, me, him, and the rest of our group all went to every friday night and i was scared s***less that i was going to run into them because it was Friday.

I have been told by my friend that you will go through cycles/phases while moving on. Some days you will feel on top of the hill and the next you might be rolling down. I guess just try to stay strong. You will feel better tomorrow, and if not, the next day and so on. That's what happens with me.

Great things never come easy. Hang on.

True. This reminds me of a good ol' picture I used a lot when... you know, I was down.

1277244843601.gif

• Like 2
  • Author
True. This reminds me of a good ol' picture I used a lot when... you know, I was down.

1277244843601.gif

I think I might just have to save that picture. Thanks spaniard

1277244843601.gif

Good one! :rolleyes: How "subliminal" can you get with that pic? ;)

I think I might just have to save that picture. Thanks spaniard

Uhmmm...you did "see" what the picture looks like right? :eek:

• Author
Good one! :rolleyes: How "subliminal" can you get with that pic? ;)

Uhmmm...you did "see" what the picture looks like right? :eek:

Yeah i got that and it's pretty funny lol

magnoliasoutherly

Savannah huh? Do you know where Hinesville is? When I lived there, after 7 years of marriage, my husband had an affair with my freaking secretary. MY SECRETARY!!! They would be talking on the phone to each other right the freak in front of me and I was completely oblivious.

When I found out, I was humiliated. Everyone in the office knew about it but me. It was so bad, I had to resign. As a nurse, I went into OB a completely different line of work. When that didn't work I moved to Alaska. As far away as you could possibly be and still be in our country! I kid you not.

Anyway, you hear the frustration in my writing, I assume. Do you know that this was about 17 years ago? I am even married to the love of my life now, but it still hurts, what my ex did. The betrayal of them both.

I think people who haven't experienced the double betrayal thing don't really get it. You are not just grieving the relationship, but also the friendship you had with the other one too. Though she was my secretary, I trusted her. I wouldn't have kept her had I not.

Don't get me wrong though. You WILL get over it. Eventually you'll be relieved that you found out. That's one less headache in your life. You'll still resent it, but you'll feel better.

• Author

I think your right the double betrayal is what realy screwed me over here...I was somewhat prepared for her to leave I had come to grips with that posibility, and I kind of expected them to end up together after I left but no amount of mental preperation could have prepared me for them to end up together less than a month after I was gone. Even with all the fliriting back and forth between them.

I still have the guy on my friends list on Xbox live but I really feel a strong urge to remove him I just don't know why I can't bring myself to do it. I hate him and everytime he gets online my anxiety kicks up but for some reason I haven't done it. I haven't spoken to him since they made it official even though he's tried to contact me.

I think I would feel better if he would just have the balls to bring it up and talk to me about it or at least a fricking apology from one of them. I dont know I get extremely pissed off when I think about it and I get overwhelmed by all kinds of emotions to the point where I can't think straight. God this sucks! :mad:

magnoliasoutherly
I still have the guy on my friends list on Xbox live... I hate him and everytime he gets online my anxiety kicks up... at least a fricking apology from one of them.... God this sucks!
It does suck. I know it does.

First off, you have to do a few things to help yourself. The first thing is cut yourself off completely from them both. Remove him from Xbox and even block him (or both if she plays).

I know you want one, but don't expect an apology. To be blunt, they're not sorry. If they were, none of this would have happened. It is a real shame that someone you could love and trust has no remorse, but there it is.

The benefit you have of removing all contact and ways to contact is that you can trick yourself into assuming that they wanted to apologize, but couldn't get you. :rolleyes:

I know how you feel. My so called friend started talking to my (now ex) girlfriend and started telling her he liked her etc when she was still with me and when she found out that her parents were getting divorced. She then left me for him (told me by email (they couldn't even have the guts to meet up with me) that she was getting with him.) That happened 2 months ago.

It feels awful, being betrayed and heartbroken. But at the end of the day you realise how much better off you are without them, that's what I'm realising and I found that I found who my true friends were as they offered support to me when I found out about all of this.

I'm still feeling love for my ex but I'm trying to get rid of it and hopefully a far better girl will appear! But its better it happens now then if you were married to her etc etc.

I think your right the double betrayal is what realy screwed me over here...I was somewhat prepared for her to leave I had come to grips with that posibility, and I kind of expected them to end up together after I left but no amount of mental preperation could have prepared me for them to end up together less than a month after I was gone. Even with all the fliriting back and forth between them.

I still have the guy on my friends list on Xbox live but I really feel a strong urge to remove him I just don't know why I can't bring myself to do it. I hate him and everytime he gets online my anxiety kicks up but for some reason I haven't done it. I haven't spoken to him since they made it official even though he's tried to contact me.

I think I would feel better if he would just have the balls to bring it up and talk to me about it or at least a fricking apology from one of them. I dont know I get extremely pissed off when I think about it and I get overwhelmed by all kinds of emotions to the point where I can't think straight. God this sucks! :mad:

:eek: What do you mean you still got the him on your X-Box friends list?!? What's up with that $&i+%#!?!? Does he let you frag him to bits in Call of Duty or Left4Dead?!? Oh so nice of him!

If I were you I'd go over there to him and X-Box his ears off and give him a wedgie, or better yet I'll bring the whole console over to him and shove it down his ass (and I'm not talking about the newer slimmer version 360 but the old boxy model...and I'd bring an old Nintendo NES or Atari for good measure) Now that would be nice!

Although, to be honest with you dude, you should have seen the betrayal a lot sooner and "prepared for it" accordingly...I mean, heck, how can you not have seen it? Or worse, just ignored it?!? (ok, I know, its a Savannah thing...you guys are nice!)

Best friends make the best betrayals.

I'm sorry. Im just really angry today. :o

• Author
:eek: What do you mean you still got the him on your X-Box friends list?!? What's up with that $&i+%#!?!? Does he let you frag him to bits in Call of Duty or Left4Dead?!? Oh so nice of him!

If I were you I'd go over there to him and X-Box his ears off and give him a wedgie, or better yet I'll bring the whole console over to him and shove it down his ass (and I'm not talking about the newer slimmer version 360 but the old boxy model...and I'd bring an old Nintendo NES or Atari for good measure) Now that would be nice!

Although, to be honest with you dude, you should have seen the betrayal a lot sooner and "prepared for it" accordingly...I mean, heck, how can you not have seen it? Or worse, just ignored it?!? (ok, I know, its a Savannah thing...you guys are nice!)

Best friends make the best betrayals.

I'm sorry. Im just really angry today. :o

Thats the thing I did kind of see it coming but at the same time I was convinced there was no way they would do that to me. Me and her had been dating for 4 years and me and him had been friends long before she even entered the picture. So i was kind of in a state of denial thinking that both of them had more respect for me than that, and sadly no amount of mental preperation is going to keep it from hitting you really hard. and the only reason I can think of that keeps me from removing him is because it's the last step of acceptance for me. Once I remove him thats it every last tie is cut to those two and both of them got me through some really tough times. So it's still kind of hard to wrap my head around the fact that the people that were there for me just threw me to the side of the road with out even really giving a F***

Thats the thing I did kind of see it coming but at the same time I was convinced there was no way they would do that to me. Me and her had been dating for 4 years and me and him had been friends long before she even entered the picture. So i was kind of in a state of denial thinking that both of them had more respect for me than that, and sadly no amount of mental preperation is going to keep it from hitting you really hard. and the only reason I can think of that keeps me from removing him is because it's the last step of acceptance for me. Once I remove him thats it every last tie is cut to those two and both of them got me through some really tough times. So it's still kind of hard to wrap my head around the fact that the people that were there for me just threw me to the side of the road with out even really giving a F***

Well, like I said "best friends" & lovers make (or will make) the absolute "best betrayers". I truly understand what you're saying and how you feel...in fact, to me, now that I think about it...its NOT SO MUCH that I DID NOT SEE THE BETRAYAL coming (in fact, I even predicted or "telegraphed" it to my ex-gf coz I knew she has ho-stories) BUT as smart as I am (i think)...I STILL ALLOWED her/them to MAKE A FOOL of me (it's like knowing you're gonna get hit but you don't move out of the way or can't do anything). That's what REALLY REALLY MAKES ME ANGRY. :mad:

And that's NOT EVEN what makes me still EVEN REALLY REALLY ANGRIER after their betrayal...Its the fact that since I "knew" it would happen sooner or later...so I prepared "counter-measures" and "mutually assured destructive" plans...but I DID NOT USE IT against the betrayers because....because..<sigh>:(....this is gonna really sound insanely stupid and silly... "L:love:ve" (i really loved my ex-gf, probably still do :o)...so Love and let Live....

...well, until I get the Paternity tests that is....(that sex video's gonna come in handy now)...then all "bets" are off till then..there'll be no "acceptance" phase sh*t from me. :mad: (dummit! Im still angry!)