I'm burnt out both mentally and especially physically

Long story short. Dated one of my good friends. After 2 months she ended it because she wasn't over her ex and she just wanted to be single. That's fine. I did the usual thing after a break up. NC, self development, meet new people. I had the break up down to a T.

Well after 2 weeks of no NC, she invited me out to one of her friends celebrations. Her friend got into law school. I told her it wasn't a good idea, but she insisted and begged and begged and begged and promised that she wouldn't do anything to hurt me. Being friends prior to dating, I trusted her. So we go to the bars, have a couple of drinks -- I didn't hit on any girls because I thought that would be the respectful thing to do. She on the other hand makes out with 2 other guys then looked at my direction to see if I saw it. That's fine and dandy so I just left.

I got home -- did the usual. No NC, read up on self development after a break up and told myself I'd find someone better.

Well fast forward to another 2 weeks -- this self development has me mentally and especially physically burnt out.

I lift heavily at the gym, I go to work then I go train in Mixed Martial Arts. I go to the gym at 9am, work at 11am then go straight to MMA at 8:30pm. Then I read self improvement books when I get home. This is the story of my life 5 days a week. Saturday comes and I get drunk with my friends and then Sunday all I do is think about her.

My body is burned out. Mentally I'm defeated. I'm doing all these things to get over her and help myself. Shes out there dating other guys and already forgot about me. Although I'm happy with the results my bodys getting...I'm just so burned out.

IM SO BURNED OUT THINKING ABOUT HER. GET THE **** OUT OF MY HEAD

What I don't get is, I've been through break ups before..dated girls for 2 years and the break up wasn't as bad as this. It has me really messed up.

headphones1

Wow, that's an awful thing for her to do. i was going to suggest boxing(pretend that the punching bag is her), but you're already doing mixed martial arts. that's awesome that your body is showing good results from all that training. other women are sure to take notice. maybe take a break from self development and read about something else, or perhaps some good comedy might help. music has always worked for me. as for the other feelings, time is the only thing that will ultimately make you forget about her.

People can be so crappy. I'm in the same sort of situation as you - only much farther out. But the thing that struck me was how you said how this has been worse than breaking up from much longer relationships. I can totally relate. This has been the hardest one I've ever had to get over. After 10 months I still miss my friend, and was in fact coming here to post when I read your post. Sorry you feel like your body is burning out. I work out a lot as well, and sometimes there will just be lulls in energy, and then suddenly it will be back. I know less what to do about the mental burn out...

Relationship issues aside, chasing those idiot ghosts around and eating all those dots has to wear you down after a while.