"Met" new GF of abusive ex, and took the high road!

I had posted last week about my abusive ex, and how he kept bringing his new GF to my office (where he works on occasion) and flaunting her in front of me, while refusing to even say hello or even acklowledge me professionally. After three years of an on-again, off-again relationship in which he was highly emotionally abusive (and even threatening physically), he started pursuing me again last Christmas and we ended up sleeping together (my mistake - I am seeing a therapist to deal with why I even was attracted to him), at which time he informed me he was seeing someone else. I ended it for good then, and we hadn't spoken since, even though we do occassionally have to converse about work projects (which he had refused to do in a civil manner).

The other day, I got to my office and there he was, unloading boxes with his GF (who, by the way, does not work there - he just brings her along). He did not introduce us, so I decided to take the high road and introduce myself and give them both a warm hello. I even offered to help her unload the boxes, which she refused. She actually was pretty cold toward me (but who knows what he said to her). In any case, I felt good that I was able to be the "bigger" person. It seemed like he wanted me out of there as soon as possible!

It was interesting because she was the complete opposite of me. Suffice it to say, it would be like comparing Marilyn Monroe and Tonya Harding!! LOL I would be happy for him that he found someone better suited to him, except that I still have hurt feelings about the way he mis-treated me, which I am working on. I also feel sorry for this woman, since he already cheated on her at least once.

Thanks for listening.

• Like 1